oliver springs slipping

kayjewells

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS lost to Rockwood 14-6 and Clinton 3-1. The Rockwood game I think the pitching had a lot to do with that game. The ump had a very tight strike zone which made it difficult but he was that way with both sides and I think Rockwood was able to adjust to that and OS wasn't. The Clinton game neither team hit the ball very well, but you have to look at Clinton who is a very good ball club and competes in a very hard district and I believe they are a 3A school. OS plays these hard teams so they can learn a lot and learn to compete with some of the best teams around.

OS is a very good team. We played them in their tournament last weekend and they were a very good ball club.

Rockwood beat them because they straight up mashed. Rockwood hit three (?) home runs that game, which really helped them roll. They were just putting the ball in play and it was landing for them.

OS had a double header. Right after they lost to Rockwood, they had to turn around and play us (Clinton). Neither teams hit the ball very well, pitching was the key I guess.

I think they still will do good in their district. They have only lost two games for goodness sake, you talk like they are trash now carletto123. Let's face the fact, they weren't going to go undefeated all year. They have a good team though, best of luck to them.

Is that Highland Rim Invitational being played in Sparta? If so, does anybody have the times for OS' games?

THe Highland Rim Inv. is played at 2 sites Oliver Springs plays at Livingston Acadmey Friday @ 10:00 vs York, 12:15 vs LA Saturday at Sparta @1:30vs Upperman, 3:45 vs Sparta Possible Championship Game @ 7:30

you need to check the enrollment numbers. os has more kids than rockwood. what is the next excuse???

Just because someone made a mistake you don't need to go bashing them. You're implying that all OS does is make excuses. Some people do but a lot don't. So you need to quit being bush league because you are dropping to the same level as others.