LaVergne Football

SportsGuru1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Track lets out before Spring? because we have a couple of kep players doing a heck of a job in track, which includes

RB Randall Tillery*

FS Jamal Cooper*

WR Patrick Pruitt*

CB Phil Daniels

WR Derrick Davis

*-most likely to start

If they make it past regionals and/or go to state Spring Fling, they won't be in football this spring most likely.

The only coach that LaVergne is losing is the WR coach, Coach Pitts...he is working to be a teacher...however he was replaced with Coach Jim Campbell...I think he is from Franklin so thats good..Other than that, every coach will be coming back.

Correction:

Jim Campbell came from Blackman Middle. I believe he was the head coach and they went 10-0, but got all of their games forfeited because of an ineligible player. Still, a 10-0 coach coming from a middle school coming to coach wide receivers at LaVergne is a good swap for us..

Correction:

Jim Campbell came from Blackman Middle. I believe he was the head coach and they went 10-0, but got all of their games forfeited because of an ineligible player. Still, a 10-0 coach coming from a middle school coming to coach wide receivers at LaVergne is a good swap for us..

Would they have been 10-0 if all their players were elligible?

Would they have been 10-0 if all their players were elligible?

What happened was a kid was over age by a month or so and when they realized it, they turned him in and forfeited their season. From what I have heard he was like a second string player. Don't know details however.

What happened was a kid was over age by a month or so and when they realized it, they turned him in and forfeited their season. From what I have heard he was like a second string player. Don't know details however.

Thanks, I always wonder when I see a final score of 1-0 with no explanation.