Top 5 players in the state.

fanatic55

I think most of the top talent in Tennesee is probably outside of West Tennessee. However, there are some very talented players (Nick Desio, Zach Barry, Pifer). I also think it's funny how all of you dyersburg people jump all over someone for posting a player other than your own. It's especially funny how they hate Westview players so bad. I hope I can make it out to watch that game tommorrow night.

NAW! we think its very, very sweet how MadisonLB sticks up for his travel team-mate! pifer is a good player but not a game changer and just not worthy of the top five. players from d-burg know this and are going to respond to something they consider riduculous. And if you read close enough on those posts you would read that most admitted that they didn't really think Fern was top five either. I do agree with you that Nick Desio should be named. For a soph. he can be deadly. He has great speed for his size and is able to play like a 4 year seasoned player. We're not jumping on anybody just having a big chuckle :blink: about it. Tomorrow's game will be a great match between two teams who are ready to play each other. You should definately try to come.

Edited by JOE23

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the top talent in Tennesee is probably outside of West Tennessee. However, there are some very talented players (Nick Desio, Zach Barry, Pifer). I also think it's funny how all of you dyersburg people jump all over someone for posting a player other than your own. It's especially funny how they hate Westview players so bad. I hope I can make it out to watch that game tommorrow night.

we dont hate westview players we just hate cheaters. the players aren't the cheaters- just whoever hires their coaching staff and then try to bend the rules.

I have seen Eddie Yah play and in no way was he unbelievable. He was talking so much trash during the game and did'nt do anything exept dribble and give up the ball because of it. Hes a good player but not in the top 5. Giles is also a good player but i think nate davis is just as good if not better on cak.

Totally understand that its your opinion about him being in the top 5, and everyone has one, but I don't believe he was talking trash in any game, as theres not much time to talk trash while playing.

Totally understand that its your opinion about him being in the top 5, and everyone has one, but I don't believe he was talking trash in any game, as theres not much time to talk trash while playing.

Stephen Morrissey and Austin hayes are both sophmores, and Austin Hayes goes to LaVergne, no Smyrna

" havent seen Westview play this year, but i know they are a young team. " Gee, another quote from one of your posts. Why do you only post to jump on D-burg. sounds like youre the one doing the hating. if you are "not affiliated" with the team and "haven't seen them play this year". How do you know anything about pifer? :blink:

NAW! we think its very, very sweet how MadisonLB sticks up for his travel team-mate! pifer is a good player but not a game changer and just not worthy of the top five. players from d-burg know this and are going to respond to something they consider riduculous. And if you read close enough on those posts you would read that most admitted that they didn't really think Fern was top five either. I do agree with you that Nick Desio should be named. For a soph. he can be deadly. He has great speed for his size and is able to play like a 4 year seasoned player. We're not jumping on anybody just having a big chuckle :lol: about it. Tomorrow's game will be a great match between two teams who are ready to play each other. You should definately try to come.

haha i dont stick up for my travel teammates, if i wanted to say something i would, if i wanted to say david was terrible i would, but really david has quite some talent... but really every time a player from dyersburg or westview puts up a post a player from the other team is just jumping all over them... just wait till the game and then decide who deserves bragging rights, and if you want to be a good sport about it just take the win and dont mention it... there is no doubt both teams are good, but really dyersburg is the real power house of the jackson area this year, but good luck to both you guys and we'll see both you guys soon enough!

THere are several players not mentioned here.

Even though Shane Rollins doesn't play for a select team, he used to and is a very good soccer player. HE plays for Riverdale, fwd.

Alexander Darsinos, Sophmore, MBA, awesome forward.

Stephen Morrissey, Sophmore, BGA, midfielder

Austin Hayes, Sophmore, LaVergne, Defender

Charles Rodgiquez, Sophmore, Father Ryan, Midfielder

Matt Reed, Sophmore, Blackman, midfielder, fwd

No doubt Bryan Lowder is very good, I haven't really seen anyone else play, so I can't comment on the other players mentioned.

Thanks for whoever corrected me below.

i have seen the morrissey ,hayes ,phifer, ricky play together in an would have to agree they are some of the best in the state , morrissey is statring to come into his own an becoming a dangerous player in the middle, ricky dosent have the best work ethic but you can count on him to finish an just seems to be in the right place, the hayes kid i also thought played for smyrna but i understand he plays for lavergne i heard he missed last year because of injury but happened to catch the game at hendersonville an could see why he is considered one of the top soph in the state,has for phifer he seems to be a nonfactor in game somtimes but still a good player,i belive the others are on the 90 odp team an very good players

I have seen Eddie Yah play and in no way was he unbelievable. He was talking so much trash during the game and did'nt do anything exept dribble and give up the ball because of it. Hes a good player but not in the top 5. Giles is also a good player but i think nate davis is just as good if not better on cak.

I actually made it to the Science Hill/CAK game today, and I wouldn't regret even if I had ranked him 3rd on that list. I've try to watch most of the good players around the state, and I think maybe things just wasn't right when you saw him play. And am hoping you wasn't referring to the Knox West game, cause I got my information from a reliable source.

Bennett Giles is a great player. I also think Logan Threadgill can change a game. I only saw him in the KIL jamboree vs. Farragut and he was controlling the middle. I think you can throw Ben Backstrom of Farragut in there. He's a great player who is only going to get better.

I agree with you, but I think you should add Eddie Yah from Science Hill and Nate Davis from CAK in there. They are both solid players who are fun to watch because they can both beat multiple defenders and score from almost anywhere. Both help their teams a lot also by making good passes and drawing defenders.

Josh Jasper from Ridgeway is a very talented player and i look for him to lead Ridgeway to a good season. He is only a junior but definetly is as good if not better than any other player in the state. He as a quick and extremely powerful shot with very good foot skills to go along with his nice shot. Great player.