Best Baseball Teams in TN

brthrsbaseball620

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ also lost to munford and germantown. G-town is decent but munford is WAY down this year

You are right USJ should not have lost to Munford even if they were using one of their 8th grade pitchers and Josh Liles was injured.

Germantown beat USJ 3-2 with an 8th Grade catcher replacing an injured Josh Liles.

Germantown is capable of beating anyone in any classification including CBHS.

Edited by necvol

You are right USJ should not have lost to Munford even if they were using one of their 8th grade pitchers and Josh Liles was injured.

Germantown beat USJ 3-2 with an 8th Grade catcher replacing an injured Josh Liles.

Germantown is capable of beating anyone in any classification including CBHS.

i didnt say they werent capable but if i were making bets it wouldnt be on gtown, and i like the use of excuses for the loss to munford.

i didnt say they werent capable but if i were making bets it wouldnt be on gtown, and i like the use of excuses for the loss to munford.

You have to admit they are pretty strong excuses. Munford beat us when we were not close to full strength but yes, they beat us. Those are the facts.

If I were a betting man I would bet that Covington would beat CBHS more times out of 10 games than Munford would beat USJ out of 10 games!!!

I would challenge CBHS to put your best 8th Grade catcher and best 8th Grade pitcher in and play Covington. Who do you think would win?

You have to admit they are pretty strong excuses. Munford beat us when we were not close to full strength but yes, they beat us. Those are the facts.

If I were a betting man I would bet that Covington would beat CBHS more times out of 10 games than Munford would beat USJ out of 10 games!!!

I would challenge CBHS to put your best 8th Grade catcher and best 8th Grade pitcher in and play Covington. Who do you think would win?

your telling me you know NOTHING about CBHS at all...do you know what the HS stands for? its 9-12, and why would we do that in the first place? not to mention CBHS slaughted munford 2 games back to back. The only way i would put money against CBHS against a covington is if i was getting maybe 50 to 1 or so.( i realize jv and varisty are two different worlds...but CBHS JV dropped Covington's JV 14-3) You dont know enough to present an argument...i never said yall were bad, but the thread is called dominant teams in TN, right now CBHS is ranked #1 on the tennessee baseball report poll (USJ does not appear in the top 10) and ranked #37 nationally (again no sign of USJ) so you can decide...

Edited by rolltide1911

your telling me you know NOTHING about CBHS at all...do you know what the HS stands for? its 9-12, and why would we do that in the first place? not to mention CBHS slaughted munford 2 games back to back. The only way i would put money against CBHS against a covington is if i was getting maybe 50 to 1 or so.( i realize jv and varisty are two different worlds...but CBHS JV dropped Covington's JV 14-3) You dont know enough to present an argument...i never said yall were bad, but the thread is called dominant teams in TN, right now CBHS is ranked #1 on the tennessee baseball report poll (USJ does not appear in the top 10) and ranked #37 nationally (again no sign of USJ) so you can decide...

We beat a team to which you lost. That adds just as much credibility as you saying CBHS slaughtered Munford.

CBHS obviously has a very good team but I happen to think USJ could play with you. Congrats on your ranking. Maybe we can get there one day!

Rankings are worth about as much to high scool baseball as a meat freezer is to an eskimo!!! I'd match up USJ's no. 1 & 2 with anyone in any classification in TN, and like my chances. CBHS is dominant, but they would not dominate the best USJ has to offer.

Edited by wes_c_addle

i've been reading all of the posts about all of the teams across tennessee, and frankly, i'm disappointed that noone has mentioned Christian Brothers High School. They, as of now, are ranked #37 in the nation, and they have one of the best pitchers in the nation in Matt Packer. They also have one of the best pitching staffs with relievers like Stephen Thompson and Drew Smith. Thompson is a Sophmore and Smith a Freshman, so just keep that in mind next time yall do a report about the BEST in TN.

I don't know anything about these quotes.. But I worked the game between CBHS & Little Rock the other day, and that was the best game I have had all season.. This was in Covington and CBHS vs AR., and it went 8 innings with CBHS winning in the 8th.

Good Luck...