Unicoi County coach position open again

omega47

Consider Dan Winfree -- former assistant at Unicoi in the Louis Thompson days. Brilliant offensive mind (was Thompson's offensive coordinator at Lincoln County for one and maybe two state titles) with head coaching experience at Gordonsville, Lawrence County and Mt. Juliet. Took the Golden Bears to the Class 5A semifinals. Presently coaching the secondary at Brentwood High School.

Consider Dan Winfree -- former assistant at Unicoi in the Louis Thompson days. Brilliant offensive mind (was Thompson's offensive coordinator at Lincoln County for one and maybe two state titles) with head coaching experience at Gordonsville, Lawrence County and Mt. Juliet. Took the Golden Bears to the Class 5A semifinals. Presently coaching the secondary at Brentwood High School.

Has he left Brentwood? They are advertising for a secondary coach on the T$$AA website.

Hey, coming to you now from "The" Brentwood High School in Brentwood, TN. Dan Winfree is still here. Don't know whether or not he would accept this Unicorn County job, I've never even heard of the place, but he's got a good position down here. The pay is really good, considering he is also a guidance counselor at Brentwood.

Most people probably haven't, Region 1-4A. School is 8-12 with a student body of approximately 1,000 with the 8th grade included, 800 without. I can definitely see pay being an issue with trying to recruit a coach from West or Middle with the system being so small, but the cost of living isn't as bad either. If the coach enjoys a challenge and wants to get his hands dirty rebuilding a team, I think the entire county would welcome him.