Rankin not only coach that can win at Riverdale.

runtheball

didnt u mean that kenny didnt offer tommy enough money to TAKE big head?

what happened 2 the big name coaches they r claimin r applying @ rhs. sharsh is a good coach but face it he has had 1 good yr @ eagleville so he isnt sum big time name in the coachin ranks. that is @ 1A , not 5A. his other exp is wit freshmen.

what happened wit crawford? did he demand 2 much or was he pullin a rankin & tryin 2 get a big bootser check 2 stay put?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Watson would do a great job at Riverdale. Look at what he has done at Siegel...He took a program that was put at an immediate disadvantage of having to play a full varsity schedule, in the toughest district in the state in its first year. He took his lumps, but got this team to another level last year. They were one game away from the playoffs last year, and ended with a winning record.(6-5) Alot of teams would kill to go 6-5 in this region. heck, ask the Blackman staff...Fact is Siegel was one of the most disciplined and well coached teams that I saw in this area last year. And if he stays at Siegel I got news for all of you, they will be a force to be reckoned with next season. They are young and talented, and their freshman team had alot of talent on it last year.

Now maybe this is a personal thing between some of you all and Watson??? And believe me I can understand that. I played for the man at RHS and BHS, and Im not going to lie, we butted heads a few times during my playing days. But since I graduated I have kind of gotten to know Watson a little better and as an aspiring coach myself, I have alot of respect for what the man has done over at Siegel.

If I remember correctly there werent to many people that had to many positive things to say about Rankin during his tenure at The 'Dale. But the fact is the man was a winner. And Watson is of the same breed. He knows how to work, and he knows what it takes to win at this level. Plus, Watson is a young guy. So you dont have to worry about him coaching 4 or 5 years and leaving to go somewhere else.

I just dont see how Mr. Nolan could go wrong with picking this guy. :thumb:

Edited by Blazer14

nope...........he came down and interviewed but that was mainly as a courtesy to the interest Riverdale extended to him. He's a GREAT coach though and Carthage should be tickled to have him.

It is my understanding that Maynard was interviewed as a courtesy. He was not a serious candidate. As for Watson, I know for a fact that he wanted the job at RHS. It is my understanding that he and Kenny Nolan reworked his contract at Siegel. Seems as he will be getting several new assistants next year. I've been told by those in the "know", that he has been promissed the principal job at Siegel when Mr. Nolan retires.

Dog:

Now that you have run the cycle on this one, can you

state if you were serious or making a joke?

Either you have some bad sources and guessed wrong,

or you were making it all up, right? I'll admit it was

funny. But I cannot believe you on the promised

principal issue, which makes me question the entire

cycle of posts....or was that simply another joke?

It is my understanding that Maynard was interviewed as a courtesy. He was not a serious candidate. As for Watson, I know for a fact that he wanted the job at RHS. It is my understanding that he and Kenny Nolan reworked his contract at Siegel. Seems as he will be getting several new assistants next year. I've been told by those in the "know", that he has been promissed the principal job at Siegel when Mr. Nolan retires.

Well check around and you will see that lots of PROMISES are made but they don't seem to be able to guarantee/keep them. Word was ......back yrs ago that Butch Vaughn was promised the Blackman High principal job, and you see that didn't come to pass. It depends on who is in power at the time.

As far as Watson taking over Riverdale.....yes, his freshmen are really good....so why is he trying to bail on them? He also did have a6-5 record , but not a single win over a team with a winning record or one that even went to the playoffs. To me, I think the RHS standards may be a lil higher than that. Plus, he would want to bring Alsup with him, and why would they hire two of the guys who turned them in for recruiting a few yrs back? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Well check around and you will see that lots of PROMISES are made but they don't seem to be able to guarantee/keep them. Word was ......back yrs ago that Butch Vaughn was promised the Blackman High principal job, and you see that didn't come to pass. It depends on who is in power at the time.

As far as Watson taking over Riverdale.....yes, his freshmen are really good....so why is he trying to bail on them? He also did have a6-5 record , but not a single win over a team with a winning record or one that even went to the playoffs. To me, I think the RHS standards may be a lil higher than that. Plus, he would want to bring Alsup with him, and why would they hire two of the guys who turned them in for recruiting a few yrs back? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

true :justwrestle:

No offense to you 2priceless, but why would Mr. Vaughn, who I am sure is a fine middle school principal, rate the job at Blackman High School over someone who actually had 30 years of high school experience, with a doctorate degree? As for the hiring at Riverdale, all jokes aside, Nolan will get the right person for the job.

No offense to you 2priceless, but why would Mr. Vaughn, who I am sure is a fine middle school principal, rate the job at Blackman High School over someone who actually had 30 years of high school experience, with a doctorate degree? As for the hiring at Riverdale, all jokes aside, Nolan will get the right person for the job.

I would not dare to question anything that goes down round these parts...way too much Good Ole Boy system alive and well in the Boro. I am just telling you that BV was guaranteed the BHS job and it didn't come to pass. Again I will reiterate, why would RHS hire Watson a fellow with a terrible overall record as a HC. He was given just about any gift of an exemption that he desired ...plus a principal who actively supports sports. And complies a 7-24 record? Def not even close to being good enuff for RHS boosters. Big difference in being a good asst coach and a good HC.

Ask around at BHs....and they will tell you that Nixon was a plague and he ran off so many great coaches, faculty, and kids. In fact, most think he ran it into theground.

Edited by 2priceless

Personally, I think Watson would do a great job at Riverdale. Look at what he has done at Siegel...He took a program that was put at an immediate disadvantage of having to play a full varsity schedule, in the toughest district in the state in its first year. He took his lumps, but got this team to another level last year. They were one game away from the playoffs last year, and ended with a winning record.(6-5) Alot of teams would kill to go 6-5 in this region. heck, ask the Blackman staff...Fact is Siegel was one of the most disciplined and well coached teams that I saw in this area last year. And if he stays at Siegel I got news for all of you, they will be a force to be reckoned with next season. They are young and talented, and their freshman team had alot of talent on it last year.

Now maybe this is a personal thing between some of you all and Watson??? And believe me I can understand that. I played for the man at RHS and BHS, and Im not going to lie, we butted heads a few times during my playing days. But since I graduated I have kind of gotten to know Watson a little better and as an aspiring coach myself, I have alot of respect for what the man has done over at Siegel.

If I remember correctly there werent to many people that had to many positive things to say about Rankin during his tenure at The 'Dale. But the fact is the man was a winner. And Watson is of the same breed. He knows how to work, and he knows what it takes to win at this level. Plus, Watson is a young guy. So you dont have to worry about him coaching 4 or 5 years and leaving to go somewhere else.

I just dont see how Mr. Nolan could go wrong with picking this guy. :justwrestle:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

Winner? Maybe against 4A teams but R'dale plays only 5A.

Leave it to Seagull to provide HUMOR!

As to asking 'too much money', he ask for fifty cents?

Blazer14 you Watson or Alsup?

Cmon blazer......he coached at Blackman 3 yrs and left, and if it is true that he applied at RHS....that is only 3 yrs at Siegel. So where do you get that he won't go anywhere after 4 yrs?? His record says otherwise. Plus he doesn't win right away at RHS, they might use that fancy golf cart to run him over. Or they could just spear him.

Edited by 2priceless