Rankin not only coach that can win at Riverdale.

runtheball

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey,

I wasn't wrong. Phat Phil is the winningest coach in D1 in percentage of wins. Heck, I am sure there are coaches that have coached one year that have a better percentage record and I am sure that there are coaches that are 90 that have won more games...the fact is that he averages more wins per season than anyone else currently coaching.

Ole Dad

You do not have to fight with someone to tell them they are wrong. Like when you were wrong about Phil Fulmer being the winningest coach in D1 football, I corrected you without fighting about it. I state facts and sometimes people do not like them and start calling me names. Not that I care about that, but I do think it is funny that the people who cry about personal attacks on here, are the ones calling me names.

Mikey,

I wasn't wrong. Phat Phil is the winningest coach in D1 in percentage of wins. Heck, I am sure there are coaches that have coached one year that have a better percentage record and I am sure that there are coaches that are 90 that have won more games...the fact is that he averages more wins per season than anyone else currently coaching.

Ole Dad

Your 1st response was that he was the winningest active coach in D1. After I mention Paterno and Bowden you changed to winning %. Now in this post you say he averages more wins per season than anyone else coaching. This is also wrong. The 1st coach I looked up was Pete Carroll. In his 5 years at USC he has won 54 games. In 14 years at UT Fulmer has won 128. Pete's average is better. I guess you could say Carroll has not been coaching as long blah blah blah, but you do not seem to mind that when making comparisons to Bowden and Joe Pa.

mikey65, better check your facts! Wrong 'Dad', I NEVER said a thing about Coach Fulmer.

Only names I would call you is 'young' and 'impetuous', they are not usually fatal on a bulletin board though. ;)

I am sorry. I had no idea that there were 2 ole dads on here. I thought about using Big Daddy for my I.D. Glad I did not do that. I definately do not mind being called young, I did have to look up impetous in Webster's though. I will take that as a complement also. Thank you and again I apologize for mixing you ole people up.

You're not a Bdogg, you're a crack-smoking dog if you think David Watson will coach Riverdale next year. Quite possibly THE funniest post I've read since I've been hooked on T. The only job Big Head wants is his alma mater, Oakland. I've heard him say that in person. Tom Nolan might be smoking some of that stuff with ya if he even has a fleeting thought of DW coming to Tomahawk Stadium as the home team's head coach! hahaha

It is amazing to me how "small minds" can not comprehend the simpliest of thingss. First of all sweep left, the only thing I have been smoking is the turkey that I killed hunting this past week. As for "big head", whoever that may be, I don't profess to know his agenda. You know you should really consider choosing your words carefully when attempting to make a point. I do have it from very reliable sources that Tom Nolan, his wife, and David Watson and his girlfriend where seen together on the General Jackson last night. Like it or not, David Watson will be the next Riverdale football coach.

watson will nto be hired at RIVERDALE they will promote from within way before that happened. I do not know who will get the job i have heard about a couple fo interview which surprised me but i am very excited about who our new coach coming in and keeping the machine or as coach WYANT said keeping the MONSTER fed.

when will they make a decision

It is amazing to me how "small minds" can not comprehend the simpliest of thingss. First of all sweep left, the only thing I have been smoking is the turkey that I killed hunting this past week. As for "big head", whoever that may be, I don't profess to know his agenda. You know you should really consider choosing your words carefully when attempting to make a point. I do have it from very reliable sources that Tom Nolan, his wife, and David Watson and his girlfriend where seen together on the General Jackson last night. Like it or not, David Watson will be the next Riverdale football coach.

Any idea who 'paid' for dinner?

Congratulations on getting the turkey though. :) Hunting is very peaceful. I just wish we still had quail to hunt around here.

wingman10, I figure we will know something this next week so spring practice can start with a new coach in place.

Good Post. Thanks for the update.

Ole Dad

First let the "small minds" sector apologize to the kennel for my inconsiderate choice of words. BUT...... David Watson aka "BIG HEAD" will not be the coach of the most dominant 5-A football program since 1990. According to most sources, he was one game away from being kicked to the curb at Siegel. Why under the sun would Tom Nolan pick him?? This is ludicrous to even theorize the possibility of him at Riverdale. He doesn't even deserve an interview for the spot! Nolan probably got a free meal on the General Jackson but he's MUCH to smart to consider Watson. Sorry.........not gonna happen. Besides.......if it did..........every coach over there would leave or quit coaching

GUARANTEED!

First let the "small minds" sector apologize to the kennel for my inconsiderate choice of words. BUT...... David Watson aka "BIG HEAD" will not be the coach of the most dominant 5-A football program since 1990. According to most sources, he was one game away from being kicked to the curb at Siegel. Why under the sun would Tom Nolan pick him?? This is ludicrous to even theorize the possibility of him at Riverdale. He doesn't even deserve an interview for the spot! Nolan probably got a free meal on the General Jackson but he's MUCH to smart to consider Watson. Sorry.........not gonna happen. Besides.......if it did..........every coach over there would leave or quit coaching

GUARANTEED!

& the rest of the region would know rhs was goin in the ground soon.

free meal. lol that was ticklin.