Best Shortstop out of 9a

A Real Ball Player

I'll take the bait, I would have to say Casey Dowler. She has been making some great plays and is one of the top bats for the Lady Rockets. I believe she is the top bat at this point in the season. And a good student and a fantastic young lady I have had the pleasure to know her and her family for years. Casey is off to her best start of her High School career and I wish her the best.

GO LADY ROCKETS!!!

Who do ya'll think is the best shortstop of the district of 9A????? :thumb:

I would take Heather Lemmon of Cascade over any I've seen this year. Not only is she gritty and a team leader but she also has great range and can make all the throws. She possesses a strong arm and leads our team in hitting. She would make some small college an excellent player if given the chance! :)

Just came from the Forrest /Cascade game. The Cascade girl shows a lot of promise and hustles but she isn't on the same level as the Senior from Forrest. Casey has to be considered for the all district team and has a shot at MVP.

I have seen every Forrest game this year. The Forrest shortstop has been solid in the feild with maybe 2-3 errors all year. Great choice for District honors :thumb:

P.S: If not leading the Lady Rockets in hitting she's a very close second. :thumb:

I was unable to attend the game yesterday, but apparently we were overmatched again. Congratulations to the Rockets. I haven't seen your shortstop a lot so I can't give an honest opinion on this subject. What I've seen of her was very impressive. I have seen Lemmon all year so obviously I'm going to know more about her game. It would be interesting to get some input from an UNBIASED observer on the strengths and weaknesses of each girl. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Casey Dowler received District MVP honors after the district championship game tonight. She has had a great year and deserves this award and Forrest will miss her as she goes off into the world after graduation. Love You Casey!

Go Lady Rockets

In the same game, Heather Lemmon played well defensively and knocked one out against your all-district pitcher. This was a stupid thread to start and it's even dumber to continue arguing it!! Any team would be lucky to have either player so I think it's way past time to put this to rest!

Heather played a great game and received All District honors she also has a very good arm. I think she is a very good player and wish her the best. This thread was started by someone that was wanting to brag on her. Notice my first response " I'll take the bait". You should brag about her shes good and good luck to her and her team in Regions.