Farraguts Loss in South Carolina

Coach Wallie

Yeah, as a player on Farragut, I'd say we were all extremely worn out. Temps in the high 80s low 90s, 5 games in 72 hours makes for a pretty tough weekend. First things first though, Northwestern is an INCREDIBLE team. This being my senior year I can confidently say that their team is by far one of the best if not the best opponent I have faced in my high school career. No excuses, no BS, they dominated us all game and the score shows it - could we have done better? Definitely, but on that day in that game we got crushed and humbled.

Now, look at our schedule in the Palmetto tourney. Our bracket was by far the toughest initial group with all teams in the top 10 - Spring Valley (3-2 win), Riverside (3-1 win), and Wando (1-1 tie). In the playoffs we beat Hilton Head 3-2. No one expected us to get out of our bracket, we played well the entire tournament up to the last game, which is unfortunate.

If we continue to play like we did in our first 4 games, goodluck to any TN team that has to go up against us :ph34r:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Wally was very kind to post about a low time for his team. It is very informative and why this website is so interesting. Many players and coaches should read his words to see how a good coach uses a bad situation as a teaching tool for future success.

I, for one, don't like teams playing four games in a weekend. Try to imagine your high school football team playing back to back games on the same day and four games in a weekend. You would have a tractor-trailer full of linemen heading for the emergency room if that happened...

Please keep us informed on the excuses though :thumb:

No excuses, no BS, they dominated us all game and the score shows it - could we have done better? Definitely, but on that day in that game we got crushed and humbled.

Yeah my post is FULL of excuses!

Guest Number8

Science Hill plays on a field 120X80. They have a game on tuesday, wendsday, and a long drive to "power house" Farragut on thursday.

BUT no excuse or "explainations" if we lost or do bad. :blink:

Edited by Number8

NUMBER 8........

Apparently you play for science hill, and you have stated that you have games on Tues. and Wed. before you play the excuse filled POWERHOUSE Farragut.

04/25 Greeneville (1-4-2) 7:00 PM

04/26 * at TN High (3-4-1) 6:00 PM

04/27 at Farragut(08)(08) (7-1-5) 6:00 PM

WOW......Looks like Greenville and TN High will give you some tough competition!!

Who did Farragut play in the FOUR games before Northwestern?????

(If I have done my homework correctly, I dont think your team is allowed on the field with teams like Farragut.)

Edited by mack6

NUMBER 8........

Apparently you play for science hill, and you have stated that you have games on Tues. and Wed. before you play the excuse filled POWERHOUSE Farragut.

WOW......Looks like Greenville and TN High will give you some tough competition!!

(If I have done my homework correctly, I dont think your team is allowed on the field with teams like Farragut.)

Good Call Mack greenville and tn high should not be hard games for science hill, if they are any good. Do these two teams compare in any way to south carolina's best teams. science hill should be able to get a lead and rest their starters in both games. So no excuses about playing two games on the two days right before the game with farragut.

NUMBER 8........

Farragut is a good team, but just one question. Will science hill be allow on the same field with teams like farragut, just in case science hill happens to beat them on thursday?

lil fun fact: TN High tied Bearden :thumb: ( oops sounds competitive to me of tn high)... so lets work the math from farragut and bearden result tonight.

Edited by Chizaggi

Farragut is a good team, but just one question. Will science hill be allow on the same field with teams like farragut, just in case science hill happens to beat them on thursday?

lil fun fact: TN High tied Bearden :lol: ( oops sounds competitive to me of tn high)... so lets work the math from farragut and bearden result tonight.

Chizaggi, YOu have been fair so we won't argue your point, but MACK 6 doesn't play on Farragut. The TN high game was a fluk with Bearden, some teams have bad nights, everyone KNows play that again and you would have a much different outcome.

If you could beat Farragut, Most of your team deserves props, Good Luck<

It won't be against a team you are used top playing

Science Hill plays on a field 120X80. They have a game on tuesday, wendsday, and a long drive to "power house" Farragut on thursday.

BUT no excuse or "explainations" if we lost or do bad. :lol:

TN High and Greenville are not even comparable to the teams Farragut had to play in South Carolina.

Hilton Head 18-5, Wando 18-3-2, Northwestern 21-1, Spring Valley 16-5, Riverside 15-5 compared to Greenville 1-4-2 and TN High 5-2-3