Farragut?

i agree medman. but im not sure how much game film there was for central to watch alst year to learn about how farragut was handling the ball considering it was farraguts first game. yes towards the end of the 3rd it definately became one sided. i never said central didnt earn a win. i was jsut sayin its hard win with 6 turnovers. we had 2 qbs who in my opinion were inexperienced. and what experience they got from the 04 season was little in the passing game. but hopefully that will all change this year..

mlreb- whats so funny about the truth? jp25 is no liar. he knows.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've seen over the last 5 years of watching FHS football is that the best talent is not always on the field. Also, that the line does not hold their blocks.

That's comes down to coaching problems.

I'm a big fan of Reveiz and Smith from last year. They played with a lot of heart.

However, I've seen the talent sitting in the stands that could contribute to Farragut but does not because of the mentality of the football coach.

These great athletes who are State Champions in other sports don't go out for the FHS football team because in the past it's been football and no other sports allowed or U get heat from the coaches.

That is soooooooooo stupid. It changed some the last two years but I still hear that if you play other sports and you’re not a superstar you’re not going to get your shot.

That mentality cost Farragut in games against schools like Halls and Bearden in the past and will in the future.

I've been to games at Oak Ridge, Cookeville, Maryville, DB, Oltehwah, Baylor, McCallie, Father Ryan and Alcoa over the years to watch different games.

So your statement about "so i dont know where ur getting that they have more school spirit and more of them show up at" is correct.

There is a lack of school spirt! At FHS it seams that the few that comes to the normal games and Homecoming are there to be seen and that's it.

I lived in Kingsport for 2 yrs and you can't even get a seat on game nights and thats during the normal games.

Something is missing at FHS games and IMO it's school spirt.

I think I've proved my point about Alcoa and if you read other threads of other fans who follow more than just FHS you will see they feel Alcoa could have beat every team at the State Championships except Maryville.

Again I hope thatsome new coaching blood at FHS will get them top the next level. Which is winning the Gold ball and that means beating OR!

rigger.Of course no one shows up.. its homecoming. thats normally when u play the worst team every year. which means its a snooze. believe me im in high school. no on goes for the halftime like alot of the parents.most students go for the game(and other reasons..). and if its not gonna be a good game there is no point in going. btw u will see me at every single game this year. i will stand out dont worry. im sure that if looked at a Alcoa student Section vs. a Farragut one even with ppl not showing up and leaving we'd still have more kids. yes we are a bigger school. when i was at the oak ridge games last year i didnt see that many students. maryville maybe different i dunno though. i dont care for em. so uve only been watchin Farragut since 2000. amateur. and with ur fun little stats about Alcoa playing "good" teams and what not. did u ever once think its harder to win a state championship in 5A. probly not. im sure its not as hard as u think to win in 1A or 2A or even 3A. i guess the only way we would find out who would win between Farragut and Alcoa is if they play. but that will never happen. and once again im sure Alcoa could beat Farragut...1 out of every 30games. and with ur stats about Alcoa beating heritage.. im sure its not a big present for a 5A school getting to play a 2A. i wouldnt want to play that game. thats just dumb that that game should ever happen. make the 5A schools play 4A not 2A. in my opinion the schools just couldnt get into the game because they figured it was a waste of time to even play them. i would feel the same way.

once again.. your logic is whack.

Farragut is better than u think. jsut because they play their worst game of the year vs. oak ridge doesnt make them a bad team. they shoulda beat central last year. if anyone actually knew some of the stats they would know that. 6 turnovers for farragut.. hard for anyone to win with that.

So farragut cant prove themselves they can win except vs. oak ridge? thats what ur saying. the only way the can prove themselves is if they beat OR.i think beating a team twice that beat at teh time 3 of the top 5 teams (Cookeville, Oak Ridge, DB,)in 5A is pretty good if not better than jsut beating oak ridge. and u say Alcoa has been beating 5A teams for years.. have u seen the teams they have played. WB and Heritage. wow Heritage.. one of the worst 5A teams in the state. and WB seems to be on the decline as well. once again its stupid that those games even take place. and im sure those teams thought it was worthless to play the game so they didnt show up to play and alcoa was like wow we get to play a 5A team lets win a prove we are good. then everyone realized they beat heritage and were like wow anyone can do that then the whole game was jsut waste of time, money, and a friday night.

i completely agree about the situation and not playing other sports and what not. but we have school spirit. u cant expect 1,500 students to show up at every game. and have u been to the farragut vs. bearden games? there is a ton of school spirit there. and have u ever seen under the stands and on the side with the scoreboard. are you kidding. thers hundreds of kids over there. yeah not all in high school but the kids show up u have to know where they are.

and with ur statement about the D-1 prospects.. how many D-1 signees have there been from Alcoa in the least 7 years? since aparently they have sooo many more than Farragut. once again. a D-1 prospect means nothing umless they go D-1.

EDIT: actually lets just go with how many football signees of any kind has Alcoa had in the last 3 yrs.. or just how many signees of any sports have they had?

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

i completely agree about the situation and not playing other sports and what not. but we have school spirit. u cant expect 1,500 students to show up at every game. and have u been to the farragut vs. bearden games? there is a ton of school spirit there. and have u ever seen under the stands and on the side with the scoreboard. are you kidding. thers hundreds of kids over there. yeah not all in high school but the kids show up u have to know where they are.

and with ur statement about the D-1 prospects.. how many D-1 signees have there been from Alcoa in the least 7 years? since aparently they have sooo many more than Farragut. once again. a D-1 prospect means nothing umless they go D-1.

EDIT: actually lets just go with how many football signees of any kind has Alcoa had in the last 3 yrs.. or just how many signees of any sports have they had?

I've been to all the Bearden games in Football and Basketball.

Yes, there is where the kids at both schools shine with school spirit. But I've been in the stands when the only folks that are out there are the parents of the players, their girlfriends and the parents of the band who leave after halftime.

We can agree to disagree but I've heard this among the parents in the stands for years and from fans from other schools who say they expected to see more fan support for the Admiral football when they came their to play.

Just voicing what I've heard over the years. Farragut football atmosphere is better than some and worse than others. It has seamed to get better the last 2 years.

Of course they have been to the play-offs during that time.

I still can't get over having the pep rallies before school. That may be one problem! :huh:

I think the new principle is doing things to help out the program over there and they have added on new assistant coaches. Maybe that’s all the change they need.

However, if it doesn't get them to the next level than it goes back to the head coach and he will needs to make room for someone who can take Farragut to the finals.

Rigger101- "Your words not mine. Just showing you that it could happen just like it has in the past. Your probably to young for this info but McCallie use to play against the largest public schools in the state and held there own."

I think you proved my point. You sure you don't want to go back 20 more years to find another win for Alcoa? And you guys are also missing my point totally. I wasn't making a point against DII, I was making a point against Alcoa. McCallie wasn't the best in DII last year either. How 'bout those Powell Panthers? Yeah. And while you guys are compiling records, why don't you find 2A vs. 4A or 5A, or Alcoa vs. 4A or 5A. Even throw DII in there, if you like. I know plenty about TN High School Football, and teaching the young may be a bit of a reach. Find those records, then you can teach all you like. Does anyone disagree that OR and Maryville aren't pretty close to par? I don't see how you could, judging by the recent scrimmages. Since you guys are so into comparisons, and that is the only way you can judge sometimes, Ootlewah beat OR, and Farragut is pretty close to Ootlewah. I wouldn't say that Farragut and Ootlewah would beat Maryville alot, but, they would be close, alot closer than the drubbing Maryville always puts on Alcoa. All I'm saying is that Alcoa can't hang with Maryville, or many of the top 4A or 5A teams.

rigger i know exactly what ur talking about. i go to the games and i go to the school. the weak pep rallies before school is just a waste. it might get me ready for football at 8:15am but by 3:30pm i would never know there was a football game except for the players have jerseys on. i think it is sad that most ppl leave at halftime if farragut is winning. or losing. every game i went to last year i didnt leave early. even the oak ridge ones where it was freezin cold. i stood there and watch the game till the end. now i cant say the same for some other students. to me it seems like most students have "other" things to do. it seems to me that most students care more about football than the other sports but they dont care enough to go to every game and be there before the game starts amd stay at the game til the end but i think things are changing. and u act like all the students leave. the only time i can think of when most of the students left before the end of the game was oak ridge when it was like 39-0 or whatever the score was. i chose to forget it. i think most students dont show up til halftime because its free to get in. and they do "other" things before they get to the game. but yeah i think it is a lil ridiculous. but things will change as long as the team does well.

i agree tg24. alcoa might get lucky a few times but they would never be able to play them and win on a regular basis like most ppl think.