most dangerous team in 3a

coach5

you are right.......dyersburg has not performed very well in the playoffs...compared to last year, this falls team will have more talent, they will be bigger, stronger, and much faster....

i hope the senior class decides to get that playoff monkey off their backs...

as far as last year goes, 10 years from now, you won't remember that sheffied game, but you will see that 2005 region 7 champs 10-1 banner hanging in the gym, and that you will remember........ :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right.......dyersburg has not performed very well in the playoffs...compared to last year, this falls team will have more talent, they will be bigger, stronger, and much faster....

i hope the senior class decides to get that playoff monkey off their backs...

as far as last year goes, 10 years from now, you won't remember that sheffied game, but you will see that 2005 region 7 champs 10-1 banner hanging in the gym, and that you will remember........ :lol:

Actually a 2-8 team beating a 10-0 unbeaten team that was ranked #1 in the state in 3A is pretty memorable. It will be something to give underdogs a goal to strive for when the playoffs open for years to come (i.e. Dickson County upsetting #1 & nationally ranked Riverdale in the opening round of the 1999 Class 5A playoffs).

your wasting your time MG. most of the veiwers on here are highschool kids who wanna talk smack. any team in the state would love to go undefeated and be region champs. that has been accomplished 3 or 4 times since counce has been in dyersburg. this team this season is being compared to the late 90's teams with the speed and strenghth.i do believe those team won the region and advanced to the simies and the quarters. correct me if im wrong mg im just a fan you know the team. winning the region in region 7 no mater what class your in is a big accomplishment. look at 7aa milan, huntingdon,westview,gibson...... so let everyone talk junk but dyersburg beat crockett by 21 pointsand beat covington who beat crockett twice.... so talk the smack and we will see come football time.....

your wasting your time MG. most of the veiwers on here are highschool kids who wanna talk smack. any team in the state would love to go undefeated and be region champs. that has been accomplished 3 or 4 times since counce has been in dyersburg. this team this season is being compared to the late 90's teams with the speed and strenghth.i do believe those team won the region and advanced to the simies and the quarters. correct me if im wrong mg im just a fan you know the team. winning the region in region 7 no mater what class your in is a big accomplishment. look at 7aa milan, huntingdon,westview,gibson...... so let everyone talk junk but dyersburg beat crockett by 21 pointsand beat covington who beat crockett twice.... so talk the smack and we will see come football time.....

I'm not in high school and I am not into talking smack. Dyersburg was an excellent football team last year. My only point is the fact that a 2-8 team (Sheffield) beating a #1 ranked 10-0 team (Dyersburg) is something that will be remembered before opening round playoff games are played for years to come.

Anyone who doesn't believe that former Riverdale head football coach Gary Rankin still has nightmares about a top ten ranked team NATIONALLY losing to a 5-5 Dickson Co. team in the opening round of the 1999 class 5A state playoffs is crazy.

That's all I was saying in my post about Dyersburg :lol:

Actually a 2-8 team beating a 10-0 unbeaten team that was ranked #1 in the state in 3A is pretty memorable. It will be something to give underdogs a goal to strive for when the playoffs open for years to come (i.e. Dickson County upsetting #1 & nationally ranked Riverdale in the opening round of the 1999 Class 5A playoffs).

Don't forget 5-5 Livingston Academy rolling through the playoffs and winning last year's 3A title!!! No one in Livingston EVER will!!!