most dangerous team in 3a

coach5

Fulton will be very strong this year.

Look for the Falcons to go real far this year...

Man, I think I heard the same thing last year. :lol:

GO AE!!!

We'll see what those Mighty Falcons look like tonight at the intersquad scrimmage.

R.I.P. KWALKER. She's sure going to be missed. I'm still wondering which one of you Falcon fans will take up the slack?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree but didnt they finish third in the region last year. dyersburg and covington didnt loose anything both of them were young as well as crockett going to be interesting

They finished 3rd in the region, yes, but remember that Massey missed most of the regular season. They did advance to the quarterfinals last year, once Massey was able to get back and work off the rust.

I'll beg to differ that Dyersburg and Covington didn't lose anything. Each team lost some key players, Covington especially with Freeman, Adams, and Rivers all graduating.

Wanna talk about not losing anybody, Obion County lost 5 players and have 22 returning Senior....And 18 started last year.....

Not to mention a fantastic coach.

My prediction for region 73A is....

drum roll please...

dyersburg, obion and crockett will battle for top 3 positions

haywood and covington battle for the 4th position

ripley and dc will not make the playoffs....

last years pre-season region 7 coaches poll: covington #1, dyersburg #2, haywood #3 and crockett #4…

my pre-season poll was: #1. Dyersburg #2. Haywood #3. (tie between crockett and covington)

final rankings were dyersburg #1, covington #2, crockett#3 and haywood at #4

Edited by mg

My prediction for region 73A is....

drum roll please...

dyersburg, obion and crockett will battle for top 3 positions

haywood and covington battle for the 4th position

ripley and dc will not make the playoffs....

last years pre-season region 7 coaches poll: covington #1, dyersburg #2, haywood #3 and crockett #4…

my pre-season poll was: #1. Dyersburg #2. Haywood #3. (tie between crockett and covington)

final rankings were dyersburg #1, covington #2, crockett#3 and haywood at #4

with the speed and size dyersburg should be good

They finished 3rd in the region, yes, but remember that Massey missed most of the regular season. They did advance to the quarterfinals last year, once Massey was able to get back and work off the rust.

I'll beg to differ that Dyersburg and Covington didn't lose anything. Each team lost some key players, Covington especially with Freeman, Adams, and Rivers all graduating.

Not to mention a fantastic coach.

[/quote

i hope your speaking with wisdome and not just blowing hot air. dyersburg lost some tallent yes but look at the youth they had.most of the starters were soph. and junior. and you better believe the group of freshman from last year are good as well. crockett is good your right but why was PA so woried about getting an assistant who new dyersberg so well. rumer was that he callad every coach he could to try to get someone who knew counce's game barry baker was the closes thing he could get. dont get me wrong barry was a great player and is a great coach. but barry has never beatin dyersburg eather. the johnson's cant hold up they spend to much time in on a basketball court and not in a weight room!!!! crockett will be good but the wooping they took last year is in their minds 42-21 and the last 2 quarters the jv was playing is what i saw. no passing gamefrom cc stop jarvis perry and crockett isnt tough. perry is as good a back as anyone. i give him his props the rest of cc cant run with the speed of dyersburg.... dhs has 5 kids playing running 4.4 or better so ive been told. everyone better look out for obion tthis year

Edited by high school sports fan

That remark about the Johnson twins was so funny....for your info both boys are in the weigh room everyday including weekends and bench press over 230 lbs. I can't wait until the season starts. The joke will be on you :thumb:

no harm intended it was just a comint!!!! dyersburg's qb is setting state lifting records and runs a 4.3---40 and their tailback is just as strong and runs a 4.4 ------40 so if the joke will be on dyersburg ya better find some one to run with them..... aw wait dyersburg didnt have to run on crockett they threw the ball all night.

no harm intended it was just a comint!!!! dyersburg's qb is setting state lifting records and runs a 4.3---40 and their tailback is just as strong and runs a 4.4 ------40 so if the joke will be on dyersburg ya better find some one to run with them..... aw wait dyersburg didnt have to run on crockett they threw the ball all night.

I guess dyersburg did the same thing with Sheffield, huh :thumb: Dyersburg is a good regular season team, but what happens when the wins really count :thumb: