MLB Franchise Valuations and Operating Income

Maybe it's just the accountant in me, but I find this very interesting. It's the valuations of all 30 franchises by Forbes maganize, as well as the Operating Income of all 30 teams as well.

That third column is even a more fascinating number to me. Look at the incomes of the 30 MLB teams, and notice the common thread of the many (not all Braves fans) teams who have the high incomes. When you factor in income as a percentage of revenues, it becomes even more eye-popping.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/33/Value_1.html

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's just the accountant in me, but I find this very interesting. It's the valuations of all 30 franchises by Forbes maganize, as well as the Operating Income of all 30 teams as well.

That third column is even a more fascinating number to me. Look at the incomes of the 30 MLB teams, and notice the common thread of the many (not all Braves fans) teams who have the high incomes. When you factor in income as a percentage of revenues, it becomes even more eye-popping.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/33/Value_1.html

As people say on the NBA board, it is a business and that is just the way it is. I hate that it is that way, that owners have taken such a great sport and have taken advantage of it.

As people say on the NBA board, it is a business and that is just the way it is. I hate that it is that way, that owners have taken such a great sport and have taken advantage of it.

Yea, I wish all owners were like Mark Cuban and actually love the sport, not just there to make a dollar!!!!