big line at wartburg

game over

It doesn't matter if Bunch and Niner both bench 8000 lbs. They are both uncordinated. With work both could be really good, but I'd take Boone Wilson, Jordan Hamby, William Armes, or Nick Henes Over both of them and these are just players in the COUNTY. Until Wartburg starts winning some games both are just less than normal lineman. I'd like to see one of them go one-on-one with Rae Sykes. Now that kid is a lineman.

i would be more than gald to

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if Bunch and Niner both bench 8000 lbs. They are both uncordinated. With work both could be really good, but I'd take Boone Wilson, Jordan Hamby, William Armes, or Nick Henes Over both of them and these are just players in the COUNTY. Until Wartburg starts winning some games both are just less than normal lineman. I'd like to see one of them go one-on-one with Rae Sykes. Now that kid is a lineman.

Now that would be funny to see. Sykes would have 10 sacks at half-time. Of course if you want to stop sykes just triple team him and let the defensive tackles get 5-10 sacks. Sorry wartburg's line doesnt stand a chance. But what do i know im just a little ole sunbright boy.

If you double sykes i still think that he would kill nelson on about every play. Really i dont care how big you are or how strong you are if you dont have good technique you aint going to do anything. Maybe you guys should quit worrying about which one of you guys are stronger and work on technique. I mean your great big strong line last year didnt do anything special, maybe you should rethink your game plan and try something different. Cause wasnt it you guys who said you had the one of the "best" lines in the state, yeah we all saw how that worked out.

A new year a New line.. But I say same results. Another off-year for Wartburg who plays an extremely hard schedule. I would say though that they don't get spanked as much as last year's team. But Bunch and Waylon even if they do become beast that's only two lineman and on offense you need at least 5 on the line so... I'd say Nelson is probley one of the fastest Qb's in the region for the pure fact that's all he ever gets to do is run for his life. good Luck Travis and the rest of the Wartburg team.

3-7.... Also they lose one of the weapons last year in Ray Jenkins. That guy could punt and give Wartburg defense at least a hope of a stop. The only punt by Jordan Hamby I beilive was ran back for a TD.. And I don't really know of anyone else who can punt.

A new year a New line.. But I say same results. Another off-year for Wartburg who plays an extremely hard schedule. I would say though that they don't get spanked as much as last year's team. But Bunch and Waylon even if they do become beast that's only two lineman and on offense you need at least 5 on the line so... I'd say Nelson is probley one of the fastest Qb's in the region for the pure fact that's all he ever gets to do is run for his life. good Luck Travis and the rest of the Wartburg team.

3-7.... Also they lose one of the weapons last year in Ray Jenkins. That guy could punt and give Wartburg defense at least a hope of a stop. The only punt by Jordan Hamby I beilive was ran back for a TD.. And I don't really know of anyone else who can punt.

Yes, much was made of Wartburg's line last year...for some reason. But I do have a question. I heard that Sills of Wartburg is going to Maryville, but is Kyle Lamance going to play college ball? He was hyped as one of the best in the state- I just wonder if he'll take it to the next level or be working construction come fall??

• 3 weeks later...