Overrated/underrated

shims4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of some players that dont play tennis tournaments that would absolutly smash up the competition. THis board is about highschool tennis man.

People are wanting to get tennis scholarships to play in college and the best way to do that is to show that you are a team player, you support your teammates and their matches.

Believe it or not, the crowd and your teammates have a lot to do with the outcome of college tennis matches.

Ranks are also not a good way to judge people. They are all screwed up.

last time i played in southerns there were people there that didnt deserve to even have a top 50 rank in their state but all states have different tennis competition.

Tennessee for example doesnt have as good of players as Georgia

I don't think anyone should be allowed to talk smack unless you have qualified for Southerns at some point in your career. 90% of you guys will never be heard from this summer.

why not? this is a high school tennis board, not a southern designated board...it shouldn't matter who has qualified for a southern tournament or not

Rockett broke his right wrist...and he's left handed. I'm sure it hindered him but it didn't completely stop him from playing tennis. No one is saying Rhanema will lose, we're just saying that he is not a lock at the number 4 position.

Yes, it hindered him immensly. Plus, he didn't play at all before the season starts.

I know of some players that dont play tennis tournaments that would absolutly smash up the competition. THis board is about highschool tennis man.

People are wanting to get tennis scholarships to play in college and the best way to do that is to show that you are a team player, you support your teammates and their matches.

Believe it or not, the crowd and your teammates have a lot to do with the outcome of college tennis matches.

last time i played in southerns there were people there that didnt deserve to even have a top 50 rank in their state but all states have different tennis competition.

If you have not qualified for Southern's you have a very slim chance to play college tennis. You can't take your friends with you to cheer you on. Anybody who qualifies for Southern's is a better than average player. The only exception may be some of the kids from Georgia where they send 30-40 kids to Southerns because their enrollment is so large.

The top players in Tennessee have competed very well with the top players from Georgia over the years.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Tennessee has the best playeIf you have not qualified for Southern's you have a very slim chance to play college tennis.

I will dispute that one.

Tennessee has a better top 5 players or so but fall off after those top 5 players....Georgia has the quantity...just not the quality of the top 3 or so from TN.

If you have not qualified for Southern's you have a very slim chance to play college tennis. You can't take your friends with you to cheer you on. Anybody who qualifies for Southern's is a better than average player. The only exception may be some of the kids from Georgia where they send 30-40 kids to Southerns because their enrollment is so large.

The top players in Tennessee have competed very well with the top players from Georgia over the years.

so because someone has not qualified for southerns...they can't talk on a HIGH SCHOOL tennis board? see if anyone listens to you on that one :rolleyes:

I don't think there is one decent D1 college that will take you off of high school results. ;)

so because someone has not qualified for southerns...they can't talk on a HIGH SCHOOL tennis board? see if anyone listens to you on that one ;)

You can talk all you want but don't be telling everyone how good you are or how good your friends are. Include your state and southern rankings if you want some respect.

Guest Cutters Crazies

You can talk all you want but don't be telling everyone how good you are or how good your friends are. Include your state and southern rankings if you want some respect.

hah I think I remember you getting on here about this time last year and belittling everyone on here in the same way....also I think we all know the rankings are extremely skewed, especially state rankings, in favor of those who play every weekend as opposed to those who don't play USTA as frequently. Unless you think Bo Seal is the 59th best player in 18's? Or Zach Zola is the #9 player in 18's? or that Ian Chadwell is #23 in 16's

You put too much value in rankings...you always have...things happen and people can't play....they get injured and have to take long periods of time off there are other reasons, play other sports, ...does that mean they shouldn't post in here?