All Rutherford Co. team 2006

iceman11

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen a few players from Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, Blackman and LaVergne.

You would have to go with Micah Morrissey, Griffin Tuggle and Matt Reed from Blackman. Micah is a skillful soccer player who brings a lot of intensity to the game, but sometimes the intensity hurts him. Giffin Tuggle, is a solid defender, very smart and has been the savior to BLackman's defense. Matt Reed has been playing forward this year, and I believe is the leading scorer for Blackmam, he is probably the most talented on the team. He has aslo been put back in midfield a lot where in both positions thrives, especially in the midfield where he makes other players get involed and really directs Blackman's offense. I would say Paul Gilbert, but it's hard to put him up there when really he hasn't been tested, since he only plays in the 1st or 2nd half of the games

I was not too impressed with anyone form Oakland.

Riverdale, of course you can't leave off Shane Rollins, but he needs to prove himself in big games, he's been a player that usually can score at will. Dan Campbell, forgive me for any misspellings, who plays a great midfeild. Patrick Compton, most impressive freshman since Matt Reed of last year. Handles fowards who are 3-4 years older than he is and plays solid defense. James Holt, goalie, even with a Broken hand still does a great job, probably the best goalie in Rutherford County.

Smyrna, have only watch them play Riverdale and Lavergne, didnt' see anyone.

LaVergne, Austin Hayes, probably best defender in Rutherford County. Very solid and delivers the ball from the back very effectively to the midfield and forwards. Other than him, even though Aliyu (sp?) up top is good player, he's inconsistent.

Just my opinion. For the schools like Smyrna and Oakland, sorry, I may have just not watched you long enough to have an opinion.

Edited by SoccerOnTheRise

I have only seen a few players from Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, Blackman and LaVergne.

You would have to go with Micah Morrissey, Griffin Tuggle and Matt Reed from Blackman. Micah is a skillful soccer player who brings a lot of intensity to the game, but sometimes the intensity hurts him. Giffin Tuggle, is a solid defender, very smart and has been the savior to BLackman's defense. Matt Reed has been playing forward this year, and I believe is the leading scorer for Blackmam, he is probably the most talented on the team. He has aslo been put back in midfield a lot where in both positions thrives, especially in the midfield where he makes other players get involed and really directs Blackman's offense. I would say Paul Gilbert, but it's hard to put him up there when really he hasn't been tested, since he only plays in the 1st or 2nd half of the games

I was not too impressed with anyone form Oakland.

Riverdale, of course you can't leave off Shane Rollins, but he needs to prove himself in big games, he's been a player that usually can score at will. Dan Campbell, forgive me for any misspellings, who plays a great midfeild. Patrick Compton, most impressive freshman since Matt Reed of last year. Handles fowards who are 3-4 years older than he is and plays solid defense. James Holt, goalie, even with a Broken hand still does a great job, probably the best goalie in Rutherford County.

Smyrna, have only watch them play Riverdale and Lavergne, didnt' see anyone.

LaVergne, Austin Hayes, probably best defender in Rutherford County. Very solid and delivers the ball from the back very effectively to the midfield and forwards. Other than him, even though Aliyu (sp?) up top is good player, he's inconsistent.

Just my opinion. For the schools like Smyrna and Oakland, sorry, I may have just not watched you long enough to have an opinion.

Do they have an All-County team? I know theres an All-State team, and what other ones do they select on? All-District? And when do they announce this? Info please????

Do they have an All-County team? I know theres an All-State team, and what other ones do they select on? All-District? And when do they announce this? Info please????

Daily News Journal usally chooses and what they call an all area team. There is an all District Team and District Second Team. Not sure when that is all announced.

By the way I choose Matt Reed, but I am a tad bias!! :rolleyes:

Daily News Journal usally chooses and what they call an all area team. There is an all District Team and District Second Team. Not sure when that is all announced.

By the way I choose Matt Reed, but I am a tad bias!! :lol:

I am sure that the DNJ will do a good job, but too many parents to please...Just be glad that you are not in Sumner County :rolleyes::lol:

Riverdale is very strong through the middle.......starting with James Holt at goalie. Then the two central defenders are also very strong in Patrick Compton and Tim Reed. The two center mids really know how to play and use each other. Two very soccer-smart players in Dan Campbell and Jose Cruz. And of course they still have Shayne Rollins up top. Riverdale is SOLID this year! good luck guys :angry:

I will agree with soccerontherise and I know I am a little bias, well a lot bias, but Matt Reed is a pretty good midfielder and has been converted to a forward about half the time this year.

Austin Hayes from LaVergne definitely.

Shane Rollins, Dan Campbell from Riverdale. I guess I am pretty much agreeing with soccerontherise.

There is not anyone I can't think of that he's not mention. I will say that Paul Gilbert is an outstanding goal keeper and even though he plays only half the time, I would put him side by side with James Holt.

Sorry James, you know I am still your #1 FAN!!!

I will agree with soccerontherise and I know I am a little bias, well a lot bias, but Matt Reed is a pretty good midfielder and has been converted to a forward about half the time this year. He plays with a lot of intensity, never gives up. He's my pick.

Austin Hayes from LaVergne definitely.

Shane Rollins, Dan Campbell from Riverdale. I guess I am pretty much agreeing with soccerontherise.

There is not anyone I can't think of that he's not mention. I will say that Paul Gilbert is an outstanding goal keeper and even though he plays only half the time, I would put him side by side with James Holt.

Sorry James, you know I am still your #1 FAN!!!

I agree with the rest of you, with a few exceptions. I would have to add Cory Willis, one of the Riverdale defenders. From what I've heard and seen, he isn't as flashy as some of the others mentioned, but he's solid, smart, and shuts down the play before it ever reaches the Riverdale GK. Willis plays with great heart, hustle, and intensity, and makes the smart play forward. Should have had recognition last season, too, but the true 'workhorses' rarely get that, only the showboats.

Ausin Hayes--great player with great skills and field awareness.

Matt Reed--also a great player, but hasn't been able to shine so much with the Blackman team. (No fault of Reed's, though.)

Dan Campbell--very solid, and can be counted on to come through for a team when they need it.

Micah Morrissey--may be a great player, but with that attitude he should have been on the bench for the past two years.

Shane Rollins--speed, skill, & ability, but doesn't seem to be running at 100% usually--has he been injured?

Jose Cruz--very talented. Plays with skill and determination, a lethal combination for the other team.

Cory Willis--great player. Speed, toughness, field awareness--will always get the job done for the team.

James Holt--surely an intimidating presence in goal

Patrick Compton--green, but really coming through for his team

Kevin Black--have heard that this kid can do some great stuff, but haven't really heard much about him in HS season

Logan Misenhimer(sp?)--speed and perseverence with a great left foot, but like Kevin B., haven't heard much lately

Thanks for everyone's input on this topic.....I hadn't been out to see many games yet this year.

But i definitely have to agree with a few of these posts talking about Jose Cruz and Dan Campbell. It just seems like these two know each other like the backs of their hands. Jose really knows how to handle the ball and distribute it properly. And Dan has GREAT vision on the field.....he is always aware of what's happening around him. Blake and Will from Cookeville also great players worthy of some recognition.