most consistent defense

hot stick

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this should be intresting to kick around .........in my personal opinion the two best fielding teams in the state have to be #1 Clarksville High #2 Creek Wood high school as booth teams make hardly any errors but no team is perfect

In my totally biased opinion, USJ has the best defense I've ever seen for a high school team. Seriously, the Bruins have a tough defense. Might be some as good but I doubt if any are better.

High school baseball fielding % and the number of E's that a team has is probably a direct result of the teams pitching and how difficult of a schedule the team plays. If a team has great pitching very few balls will be put in play and the ones that are will probably not be hit very hard making it easier to make the play. If your schedule does not allow you to play the better hitting teams (the ones that have kids that can square the ball up and drive it) the fielders probably will not have to handle many hard hit balls which will help with the fielding % and the number of E's.

For the truth, take a look at each team's fielding %. The team avg. will tell the facts on a defense.

True except some teams (due to blowouts) play a lot more subs than others. There is no way to look at another teams fielding % and know if the 1st teamers or 2nd teamers made those errors.

In my totally biased opinion, USJ has the best defense I've ever seen for a high school team. Seriously, the Bruins have a tough defense. Might be some as good but I doubt if any are better.

Is it not ironic the minute u start braggin about somthin is about the time the wheels go flyin off......sometimes it is just better to be quiet and let others do the braggin!!!!! :lol: