GOLDEN TATE

popefan 21

man, i sure hope so. hate to see some one work so hard only not to be recognized.

Guys, don't worry about this. So many times the "blue chip" players are the ones that are no shows on the field come time to play college ball. A lot of the college coaches would rather have the "sleeper" players. They are the ones that will get the job done.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked not to see Golden in the Rivals 100 listing. I'm currently assisting him with selecting the RIGHT school for him and I'll tell you that he has received letters from just about EVERY BIG NAME school that's out there. I think not being on the list will make him go out and prove the selection crew wrong, so buckle your seat belts and brace for shock :ph34r: .

The reason given by Rivals why Golden wasn't a member of the Rivals 100 was because he has not selected a position in which to play. He is classified as an athlete and not a RB or WR etc etc... In my eyes I would think that classified as an athlete would make one more valuable because he can play several positions well. :thumb:

The reason given by Rivals why Golden wasn't a member of the Rivals 100 was because he has not selected a position in which to play. He is classified as an athlete and not a RB or WR etc etc... In my eyes I would think that classified as an athlete would make one more valuable because he can play several positions well. :blink:

You can still be ranked and be an athlete. Brandon Warren was the #3 athlete in the nation when the rankings first came out last year, and at the end of the year he was the #1 weakside DE in the nation.

You know the reason he wasn't ranked could be that there really are 100 players in the nation better than him, it's not that farfetched <_<.

You can still be ranked and be an athlete. Brandon Warren was the #3 athlete in the nation when the rankings first came out last year, and at the end of the year he was the #1 weakside DE in the nation.

You know the reason he wasn't ranked could be that there really are 100 players in the nation better than him, it's not that farfetched ;).

I,m giving you the reason that was given by the people who selected the Rivals 100, maybe if you bothered to view more of the internet than Coach T website you'd this. In addition there are probably 100 HS players better than he but I'd bet you're not one of them. ;) ,

• 1 month later...

Football Time in Tennessee!

I look for Golden to have a wonderful season, Rivals ranked or not. He is definately one of the top players in the country as proven by the stacks of letters that he receives daily and the number of coaches that call. One thing is for sure he will not be going to Tennessee.

I personally hope that he gives Vanderbilt a look because though colleges say they will let a talent like Golden play both football and baseball it is rarely true for a premier talent like Golden to be given that opportunity. I truly believe that Vanderbilt would be one school that would give him that chance. Besides Vanderbilt has one of the best baseball coaches in the country in Tim Corbin.

:lol:

I,m giving you the reason that was given by the people who selected the Rivals 100, maybe if you bothered to view more of the internet than Coach T website you'd this. In addition there are probably 100 HS players better than he but I'd bet you're not one of them. :lol: ,

:lol: And you are? If you're truly 'helping' Golden select the university that is 'RIGHT' for him, perhaps you should be doing more research than coacht and rivals.....

Good luck to Golden Tate and wherever HE might decide to attend.

Football Time in Tennessee!

I look for Golden to have a wonderful season, Rivals ranked or not. He is definately one of the top players in the country as proven by the stacks of letters that he receives daily and the number of coaches that call. One thing is for sure he will not be going to Tennessee.

I personally hope that he gives Vanderbilt a look because though colleges say they will let a talent like Golden play both football and baseball it is rarely true for a premier talent like Golden to be given that opportunity. I truly believe that Vanderbilt would be one school that would give him that chance. Besides Vanderbilt has one of the best baseball coaches in the country in Tim Corbin.

:lol:

I don't know why people put so much stock in Rivals. I know three guys that have had offers from DI schools that aren't even listed on Rivals.

I mean Notre Dame has done a very good job dealing with Jeff Samardzija, and from the looks of it that is one of his top choices.

Notre Dame is the team to beat. Thing is, when are they going to offer him?

About Rivals not having three guys that have D1 offers but aren't listed in the database...well, a good solution to that is for either their coach to contact Rivals to get them entered into the database, or the someone to tip off a Rivals writer, who can then seek out the information from there.

Help always works.

Oh, and just cause someone is not a 5-Star or in the "100" doesn't mean they are not projected to be a extremely impactful player with definite pro potential. Tate is still a 4-Star and is ranked in the 250.

BTW, Sykes should be in the 100..and I personally rank him ahead of Chris Donald.

Edited by JesseWJohnson