GOLDEN TATE

popefan 21

Notre Dame is the team to beat. Thing is, when are they going to offer him?

About Rivals not having three guys that have D1 offers but aren't listed in the database...well, a good solution to that is for either their coach to contact Rivals to get them entered into the database, or the someone to tip off a Rivals writer, who can then seek out the information from there.

Help always works.

Oh, and just cause someone is not a 5-Star or in the "100" doesn't mean they are not projected to be a extremely impactful player with definite pro potential. Tate is still a 4-Star and is ranked in the 250.

BTW, Sykes should be in the 100..and I personally rank him ahead of Chris Donald.

Chris Donald is easily the best player in the state imo. Rae Sykes might not even be eligible to play his senior year, and is probably prep school, or juco bound.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sykes will likely be eligible and he will likely be on a D1 roster next season. Donald is a good player, but his rise to the top by many people is based upon a video and word to mouth.

First, Rae was called the best junior in the state, then Golden was, now...without any of them playing a down of football since December, Donald is unquestionably the best.

I don't know...it's like 1A and 1B to me, with a close 3rd, but it still seems like some people's stock goes up or drops based on where they are believed to be heading when it comes to college decisions.

I don't believe people that do this for a living do that, but seems like others do.

Sykes will likely be eligible and he will likely be on a D1 roster next season. Donald is a good player, but his rise to the top by many people is based upon a video and word to mouth.

First, Rae was called the best junior in the state, then Golden was, now...without any of them playing a down of football since December, Donald is unquestionably the best.

I don't know...it's like 1A and 1B to me, with a close 3rd, but it still seems like some people's stock goes up or drops based on where they are believed to be heading when it comes to college decisions.

I don't believe people that do this for a living do that, but seems like others do.

So, what you are saying is, that some players are evaluated and ranked according to how good they look on film? Don't you think that most players that play on good teams can make a tape that makes them look like an allstar. Also, how do we know how good the teams are that they are playing against when these clips were made. And do we know that the "word of mouth" comments are from people that are truly knowledgeable, or that they just want that player to have all the free

publicity that they can get. I guess that I am "old school". I have always felt that if a player is good enough, college coaches will find them. That is exactly how it use to be before Rivals, Scout and I am sure many more. You all do a great job of keeping the recruiting of high school players interesting but I am sure that there are plenty of players that will play at the next level that are not included in these sites.

So, what you are saying is, that some players are evaluated and ranked according to how good they look on film? Don't you think that most players that play on good teams can make a tape that makes them look like an allstar. Also, how do we know how good the teams are that they are playing against when these clips were made. And do we know that the "word of mouth" comments are from people that are truly knowledgeable, or that they just want that player to have all the free

publicity that they can get. I guess that I am "old school". I have always felt that if a player is good enough, college coaches will find them. That is exactly how it use to be before Rivals, Scout and I am sure many more. You all do a great job of keeping the recruiting of high school players interesting but I am sure that there are plenty of players that will play at the next level that are not included in these sites.

You are right BL, a lot of players that will play at the next level, are not included and it is the college coaches would be better judges of talent than most if not all analysts.

We just try to do the best we can to report them, but evaluating is a part of it too, even though, our evaluations are not always correct either positively or negatively.

At the end of the day, no one will really know much about players just entering their senior year of high school until they are in their 2nd-3rd year of college football.

You are right BL, a lot of players that will play at the next level, are not included and it is the college coaches would be better judges of talent than most if not all analysts.

We just try to do the best we can to report them, but evaluating is a part of it too, even though, our evaluations are not always correct either positively or negatively.

At the end of the day, no one will really know much about players just entering their senior year of high school until they are in their 2nd-3rd year of college football.

What kills me is that there are great players who are like 6 feet tall and 240 that would do well in D1 but don't get a look because of the numbers. They need to be 6 feet 4 inches and 265 or so to even be considered. Some players seem to get looks just because of the numbers and not really on talent. There is a subjective opinion that these bigger players have potential based solely on size.

• 3 weeks later...

I was shocked not to see Golden in the Rivals 100 listing. I'm currently assisting him with selecting the RIGHT school for him and I'll tell you that he has received letters from just about EVERY BIG NAME school that's out there. I think not being on the list will make him go out and prove the selection crew wrong, so buckle your seat belts and brace for shock :) .

I guess we can assume you're one of his parents then. Several of the posts talk about how great his father 'was' so I think we can safely which one. :)

Edited by SuperBowlDream