Catcher's stolen base percentage

Indian

Does any other team keep up with this, if so what are some good ones out there (with totals and percentage). I wouldn't count in when no attempt on the runner is made by the catcher (a runner at third and no throw down to second, etc), or advancing on a wild pitch though I know some teams call those stolen bases to get the stats up. Saw a team call in a player with four stolen bases once and all four were moving up on wild pitches, she was thrown out in her only real stolen base attempt.

Edited by Indian

Does any other team keep up with this, if so what are some good ones out there (with totals and percentage). I wouldn't count in when no attempt on the runner is made by the catcher (a runner at third and no throw down to second, etc), or advancing on a wild pitch though I know some teams call those stolen bases to get the stats up. Saw a team call in a player with four stolen bases once and all four were moving up on wild pitches, she was thrown out in her only real stolen base attempt.

anybody seen a catcher throw one out at 2nd with a runner on 3rd? takes guts and an arm

I know catchers , that can make all the throws and them be right on the mark. The coaches have the confidence in them to give them the green light. The catcher can not do the pick offs, or throw out the girl stealing if the SS. first base. or third base player is not there. I know some coaches call passed balls or balls in the dirt a wild pitch. I think it will be hard to compare catchers or stats, because coaches figure their stats different. Stats can be written down to make any player look good, but the truth is always there, If the stats are higher than the player can play. she might have a very hard time playing at that level in college. [ Just a opinion and what i see ] :thumb:

anybody seen a catcher throw one out at 2nd with a runner on 3rd? takes guts and an arm

Maryville executes this play all the time with a high success rate. They usually get the runner at 2nd without the runner at 3rd being able to score, or they get a double play.

Amy Campbell from GPS has a very low %. I couldnt give you a number, but people rarely try to steal on her. She also picks people off at second regularly. She doesn't hesitate to throw it anywhere at any time. She's the absolute best defensive catcher in Chattanooga. I'll even go out on a limb and include the whole state. All you have to do come watch and you'll see.