Hillwood football

runtheball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will hire be a Metro assistant or going outside? Who are best assistants in Metro who deserve a chance? Will assistants at Hillsboro apply?

Metro does have some very qualified assistant coaches. Three schools in particular are Whites Creek, Hillsboro, and Stratford. Whites Creek has Rashawn Bell the def. coordinator and Eric Joyce with DB, Stratford has Jalani Overton the line coach, and Hillsboro has Mose Phillips.

Metro does have some very qualified assistant coaches. Three schools in particular are Whites Creek, Hillsboro, and Stratford. Whites Creek has Rashawn Bell the def. coordinator and Eric Joyce with DB, Stratford has Jalani Overton the line coach, and Hillsboro has Mose Phillips.

I'm not saying these guys aren't good (I've only heard of two of them and that was as players, not coaches), but is there any reason other than the fact that you know these guys (or know of them) that you singled them out? By the way, RTB...good thread topic.

Edited by Lifer

I'm not saying these guys aren't good (I've only heard of two of them and that was as players, not coaches), but is there any reason other than the fact that you know these guys (or know of them) that you singled them out? By the way, RTB...good thread topic.

No, I actually dont know these guys just heard good things about them, but they are all young metro coaches who have paid their dues and all of them or even one of them might turn out to be the next Ralph Thompson(Maplewood) or Arcentae Broome (McGavock) both former metro assistants who are both young guys that got a chance. And if none of these guys get the job I'll live just as long as it does not go to some coach that lost at his last job.

No, I actually dont know these guys just heard good things about them, but they are all young metro coaches who have paid their dues and all of them or even one of them might turn out to be the next Ralph Thompson(Maplewood) or Arcentae Broome (McGavock) both former metro assistants who are both young guys that got a chance. And if none of these guys get the job I'll live just as long as it does not go to some coach that lost at his last job.

I'm not sure you can say they have paid their dues. I'm not sure that Ralph or Arcentae paid a lot of dues. What coach lost at his last job that would be so bad.

In paying dues, do you mean having an uncle on the school board or being tight with the principal?

Ouch! ... I'm with RTB, whether or not they deserved the jobs, I definately wouldn't say they "paid their dues". There have been a long line of more than qualified assistants go through Metro, spend an entire career as an assistant, and never get a shot. What these two guys had was name recognition.

In paying dues, do you mean having an uncle on the school board or being tight with the principal?

In paying dues I mean putting in the time as an assistant and then proving that they possessed the knowledge neccessary to run their own team. Also how many of the first year head coaches do you believe got these coaching jobs without having any foot in the door, because in metro and a lot of other places I might add it still comes down to who you know.

Ouch! ... I'm with RTB, whether or not they deserved the jobs, I definately wouldn't say they "paid their dues". There have been a long line of more than qualified assistants go through Metro, spend an entire career as an assistant, and never get a shot. What these two guys had was name recognition.

It might have been a stretch to say they paid their dues, there are alot of long time assistant that have not had their shot, so some of these metro schools need to join Hillwood and clean house, get some new blood in there and make metro football as dominant as it should be.

Edited by metrosfinest

I'm not sure how Hillwood "cleaned house". The OC left on his own after last year for Hillsboro. The DC retired at Christmas and the next top assistant is retiring at the end of school. Yeah, he ran Link off. Kommissar and Darnell are the only ones left. With 28 POSTED teaching openings at Hillwood, at least the new head coach will have plenty of teaching assignments open for assistants. :P:lol: The problems go far deeper than the football field.