Dekalb County

Good luck to DC. I hope they do well. If they beat Monterey that bad then maybe things are looking better. Monterey's not a bad team.

You can't expect a playoff season or nothing like that but any wins would be good. You're at the bottom,just gotta build up.

THE SQUAD :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to DC. I hope they do well. If they beat Monterey that bad then maybe things are looking better. Monterey's not a bad team.

You can't expect a playoff season or nothing like that but any wins would be good. You're at the bottom,just gotta build up.

THE SQUAD :)

hopefully, they have stability at the coaching position

I heard it was more like 42-21 (6TD's to 1TD) :lol:

Yes DC was physical and they scored 3 TD's, all screens of short distance. Our coach wanted to stop the run and that is what we did, because they didn't have 50 yards rushing the entire scrimmage, especially with all the sacks and tackles for loss. And once we adjusted we stopped the pass as well. Our defense will get and in our region you have to stop the run.

Yes DC was physical and they scored 3 TD's, all screens of short distance. Our coach wanted to stop the run and that is what we did, because they didn't have 50 yards rushing the entire scrimmage, especially with all the sacks and tackles for loss. In our region you have to stop the run.

You were not lying there my friend. Last year was the first year of this new region and the numbers prove you are correct. Greenbrier may have been the most physical running team in the region with their three headed monster of Herndon, Pigg, and Dill in the backfield. White House's Ricky Ladd, Pearl-Cohn's Bobby Council, Macon Co.'s Michael Dallas, and Station Camp's Randall Toney all had 1,000+ yards rushing on the season last fall.

In order to be a successful team in this region you have got to be able to do two things right away which are:

1.) Run the football!!!

2.) Stop the run.

Big plays from the passing game and on special teams are great and they excite the crowds on Friday nights but in the end the playoff teams from Region 4-3A in the fall will be the ones who do these two things the best throughout the course of the season in 2006.

What happened then with Marshall Co? They lost to them 70 - 21. They do not have much of a defense. Monterrey must be really bad.

Dekalb didnt lose 70-21 it was 42-21, heres how the game went, Dekalb scored first, then MC scored, DC scored again then MC scored to tie it 14-14, MC scored 2 make it 21-14 then DC scored to make it 21-21, both teams put in 2nd string and MC scored 2 tds on offense and one on defense coming off a interception on dekalbs 2nd string offense, they have improved alot looks like a total diffrent team, they beat Monterey 44-0 saturday

What happened then with Marshall Co? They lost to them 70 - 21. They do not have much of a defense. Monterrey must be really bad.

Maybe Marshall is just that good. There should be quite a difference in Marshall County & DeKalb County....And 1-A Monterey too for that matter.

I just hope they get behind this guy & support him and above all give him time.At least 4-5 years to build a program that's at the very bottom right now.

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Dekalb didnt lose 70-21 it was 42-21, heres how the game went, Dekalb scored first, then MC scored, DC scored again then MC scored to tie it 14-14, MC scored 2 make it 21-14 then DC scored to make it 21-21, both teams put in 2nd string and MC scored 2 tds on offense and one on defense coming off a interception on dekalbs 2nd string offense, they have improved alot looks like a total diffrent team, they beat Monterey 44-0 saturday

It is possible that I was misinformed about how many scores MC had. I just watched the scrimmage film, and Dekalb looked decent. Honestly, the field was in such bad shape I do not know how either team could do anything. That obviously slowed the game way down. I was disappointed in the play of the line of scrimmage--things to work on. Anyway good luck to Dekalb. As for Marshall, we are still a long way from where we want to be.