Ricky Ladd & The future & BDP nation

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin Townsend took over for Kyle Levering at quarterback for White House last year. In '04 Levering was throwing the ball to receivers named Broadrick, Gibbs, Harmon, and Rippon. All of those guys graduated with Levering after the 2004-2005 school year. Townsend made the big throw in the playoff win at Greenbrier and helped guide a team to the quarterfinals of the playoffs as a first year starter last year. He did that playing behind a very young offensive line. Face it folks the only experience White House had last year was at running back with Ladd, West, and Hargrove. The Blue Devils dropped from 4A to 3A but the region they moved from was simply overrated in my opinion and the region they played in last year was tough. Pearl-Cohn and Greenbrier were both as good as anyone in 3A last year and Macon Co. and Sycamore were both tough wins that looked good for the young Blue Devils. Winning at Polk Co. and at Greenbrier in the playoffs showed how the team really matured over the course of the season last year (after suffering early losses to Page and Portland) and honestly despite the fans on here that constantly pulled a T.O. and threw the quarterback under the bus on a weekly basis last year I thought that Townsend really improved as the season progressed and with experience returning around him (not to mention getting to play Pearl-Cohn, Sycamore, and Greenbrier all at home) this White House team could make a serious run towards a #1 seed in the playoffs (which means they'd be a real threat to get to the 'Boro this coming December).

Anyone know the status of Mr. Ladd? Also, I know we have 2 talented QB's (1 a Freshaman & the other a Sophomore) can they get the starting job? Last year was the worst passing game I've ever seen at White House. I hope we can mix it up more this year.

Don't forget..........ya'll have great coaches. You'll be fine!

Thanks for the info. TimBDP! The quarterback situation last year was just, well, I won't go there. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was throwing the ball all everywhere but the recievers hands because of inexperience and the young line, or maybe a combo. of both. Either way, if the Freshman or the Sophomore that I've heard so much about are as good as I've heard they are, I think they need a good look. 3 year QB's are usually very seasoned by the end of their Jr. year & exceptional in the SR. year if they have talent. I hate to wish the rest of spring & summer away, but I can't wait for football here in White House. Blue devils, work your buts off this summer - it will pay off in the fall.

HAS HE STILL NOT SIGNED????? HOW WILL WH BE THIS YEAR?

Josh to my knowledge the only senior to sign this year has been Aaron Hargrove.

He signed a couple of weeks ago with Bethel College. Congrats to Aaron!

I haven't heard anything about Ricky signing with anyone.

Hope this helps answer your question. :thumb:

Don't forget..........ya'll have great coaches. You'll be fine!

Sweep... word on the street is that the Sophmore has been practicing spring QB.

Last years QB was to have been dismissed from the baseball team and cannot practice with spring football. Some one add if I am wrong about that.

If you are kicked off a team you are not able to participate in other sports. That is what I have always heard the ruling was.

Take it easy sweep! :thumb:

Is TSU still interested in Ladd???? It's a local school and he could be a star in the OVC on a team that is really on the rise with James Webster as the head coach.

I haven't heard anyone mention TSU lately. I do know that was a possiblity. I have heard recently that Western Ky is where he is suppose to be considering. But, who knows. I think graduation is the 19th so I would hope something would happen soon - :thumb: