What Coaches promote their players to the next level?

Foul Ball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name some coaches that helps his players play at the next level, by calling schools or however. I know first hand that if you are good you will be found more than likely.

There are some kids that I thought would get recruited,but didn't because their coach would not make an effort to contact anyone.

Your thoughts and comments.

FRANKLIN CO. HAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAM THEY HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME , BUT NO ONE IS BEING LOOK AT . ONE OF THE PARENT'S TOLD ME THAT THEIR COACH HAS NOT SEND ANY PAPER WORK TO ANY SCHOOLS.

FRANKLIN CO. HAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAM THEY HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME , BUT NO ONE IS BEING LOOK AT . ONE OF THE PARENT'S TOLD ME THAT THEIR COACH HAS NOT SEND ANY PAPER WORK TO ANY SCHOOLS.

Cowboy,thats sad.Tell the boys to promote themself.

Coach Powers at Riverdale does a great job of this.

But this goes in cycles - some years you have great classes with several great players, some years ya don't...

I think one of the first indicators of how much a coach does to promote his kids is whether or not he is a member of www.tbca.org

They do some great things with the TBCA Showcase and Sunbelt teams!!!

I agree that the TBCA Showcase is one of the best ways to be seen in our area. Cost is free and there is great attendance by college coaches and scouts. Also the Sunbelt is one of the best coaching experiences of my coaching career. Team Tennessee has won the Sunbelt two of the last three years.

Last Fall USJ's Brad Dyer took it on himself to schedule weekend tryouts for his unsigned players that had an interest in obtaining a college scholorship. Coach Dyer takes the lead in trying to help his players find a place to play.

I might add that Coach Dyer also took some player from another school on these tryouts.

Edited by necvol

if im not mistaken, brad frazier from harpeth is trying to help a rival schools pitcher out too. thats a nice thing to do and all coaches should be like that. it doesnt take that much effort to get a player into a college. no talent should be wasted because of laziness.

I think this is a true statement. I heard it from a Sycamore fan. Pretty cool.

These are the coaches in Tennessee that I feel do the best job of getting their player noticed:

Riverdale -- Buddy Powers

Hendersonville -- Mike Hendrix

Oakland -- Mack Hawks

Houston -- Lane McCarter

Bartlett -- Phil Clark

Faragut -- Tommy Pharr

There are more...to many to name but these are guys that help ALL their players not just the ones that are great D1 prospects. If a kid wants to keep playing they do whatever is in their power to see they get a chance. Curiously, all but one of these schools (Farragut) keeps their kids together and takes them all over the place in the summer too. While this is not possible for all schools, especially smaller ones, it helps these coaches be around their kids and know what is going on with all of them.

These are the coaches in Tennessee that I feel do the best job of getting their player noticed:

Riverdale -- Buddy Powers

Hendersonville -- Mike Hendrix

Oakland -- Mack Hawks

Houston -- Lane McCarter

Bartlett -- Phil Clark

Faragut -- Tommy Pharr

There are more...to many to name but these are guys that help ALL their players not just the ones that are great D1 prospects. If a kid wants to keep playing they do whatever is in their power to see they get a chance. Curiously, all but one of these schools (Farragut) keeps their kids together and takes them all over the place in the summer too. While this is not possible for all schools, especially smaller ones, it helps these coaches be around their kids and know what is going on with all of them.

Excellent choices!!!! I wholeheartedly agree.