First Annual USJ vs Families/Coaches Whiffle Ball Game.

necvol

In the Bruins most spirited game of the year the families/Coaches scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th and came from behind to beat the Bruins. The players disputed call after call but right ruled as strong defensive performances by Carrie Beth and Lauren spotlighted an outstanding effort by the Families/Coaches. Stan Knievel also had several stellar but controversial defensive put outs. Coach Brad Dyer drove in the winning runs (Randy Glenn and Mike Wills) with a walk-off double to finish off the Bruins. Significant contributions to the Families/Coaches big win were added by Cindy Knievel, Teresa Henson, Melissa Glenn, Jack Glenn, Jean Wills and Coach Giddens.

A key play for the Families/Coaches was tho ole hidden ball trick to pick Josh Liles off 3rd base ending the possibility of a big 1st inning for the Players. The Players argued that Stan Knievel forced Josh off the bag but the Umpires sided with the Families/Coaches.

A fun time had by all!!!

Edited by necvol

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the press was not present to cover all those outstanding plays. :)

The boys sure looked like they had a fun time. I'll be interested in seeing how well those adults fare tomorrow with those sore muscles. :)

I might add that the food was excellent!

just reading this thread i started smiling i can imagine how much fun yall had not only players but parents too and can you imagine all the trash talking at home between kids and parents sounds like a great event also sounds like some shady umpiring there too lol.

What a great way to change things up just before districts good job coaches and families

I might add that the food was excellent!

My back is a little stiff and my arm is sore from all those hanging curve balls. ;) Think I strained a hammie making that diving catch in the bottom of the 3rd (It was clearly a clean catch ;) but the Players continue to argue it was a trap). Hope the Families/Coaches can get the kinks worked out in time to make today's big game. I'm getting in the hot tub to see if that will help. :)

GOOD LUCK TODAY BRUINS!!!! I hope you get some better breaks today. Surely the umpires won't be so one sided!!! ;)

Edited by necvol

In the Bruins most spirited game of the year the families/Coaches scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th and came from behind to beat the Bruins. The players disputed call after call but right ruled as strong defensive performances by Carrie Beth and Lauren spotlighted an outstanding effort by the Families/Coaches. Stan Knievel also had several stellar but controversial defensive put outs. Coach Brad Dyer drove in the winning runs (Randy Glenn and Mike Wills) with a walk-off double to finish off the Bruins. Significant contributions to the Families/Coaches big win were added by Cindy Knievel, Teresa Henson, Melissa Glenn, Jack Glenn, Jean Wills and Coach Giddens.

A key play for the Families/Coaches was tho ole hidden ball trick to pick Josh Liles off 3rd base ending the possibility of a big 1st inning for the Players. The Players argued that Stan Knievel forced Josh off the bag but the Umpires sided with the Families/Coaches.

A fun time had by all!!!

I'm hearing that the USJPA (USJ Players Assn) has appealed the win by the coaches/families for using an ineligible family member (Lauren-Who is she related too now???). The coaches/families must now forfeit their win; forfeit their right to brag as such and destroy any photos that might prove otherwise. However any photos showing any coaches embarrassing themselves will gladly be distributed. Glad to hear that everyone had fun. Good luck in the upcoming tournaments.

I'm hearing that the USJPA (USJ Players Assn) has appealed the win by the coaches/families for using an ineligible family member (Lauren-Who is she related too now???). The coaches/families must now forfeit their win; forfeit their right to brag as such and destroy any photos that might prove otherwise. However any photos showing any coaches embarrassing themselves will gladly be distributed. Glad to hear that everyone had fun. Good luck in the upcoming tournaments.

I'm not sure it will hold up in arbitration but Mrs. T and Mr. C would argue strongly that Lauren is a member of our family.

I want to know who umpired the game. Sounds to me like they were well "taken care" of. :P

I think I have a plan. The Families/Coaches can hire :lol: (I mean arrange) B) for the same Umps to be the Arbitration Panel. We are ready to defend our victory against all challenges from the USJ Players Association. :)

Great win against Haywood. Now that's what we have been waiting to see...the smokin' bats. After the disappointing loss to the Families/Coaches it appears the sleeping giant has awaken and is breathing fire. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

Great job with the photos Mr. and Mrs. Tribe33!!!!

I think I have a plan. The Families/Coaches can hire :blink: (I mean arrange) :angry: for the same Umps to be the Arbitration Panel. We are ready to defend our victory against all challenges from the USJ Players Association. :blink:

Great win against Haywood. Now that's what we have been waiting to see...the smokin' bats. After the disappointing loss to the Families/Coaches it appears the sleeping giant has awaken and is breathing fire. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

Great job with the photos Mr. and Mrs. Tribe33!!!!

Thanks for the GREAT TIME and Food!