Tennessee State Soccer Champions

gameball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first argument: out of 4 district results on eurosport, houston is 2-0-2. who's to say they won't choke and lose in districts?

second argument: farragut is 10-3-5. it looks to me like they get the benefit of the doubt because of their past which needs to stop at some point. they deserve the utmost respect for their past, but those old teams aren't on the field anymore.

third argument: brentwood is undefeated. they are the defending state champs. do a strength of schedule from last year and they will be at the back of the list again, but they won when it mattered.

i respect your decisions and am not trying to belittle other team's accomplishments, i just think it's a mistake to disregard those points on brentwood.

I wish I could call Madison tobe a finalist, but I can't, they can't play with my top 3 above. (Sorry guys, you are having a great and memorable season, but Jackson has no powers like the above3 beast of the east in A/AA

Have you seen Madison play? I know it doesn't seem that a little west TN team can play with the big dogs, but they can. The talent just can't be much different between teams this year, everyone seem to relatively even. Don't underestimate Madison, they can play with anybody. I think that they will probably play CCS in the 1st round, so we'll see.

Ok, I will try and answer each of your questions and statements. As I said, I am picking State Champions NOT, participants. Yes, some of the teams mentioned will Qualify to play in States but not win it all. If you disagree fine, but I have no allegiance to anyone and I AM NOT CUTTING ANYONE DOWN

I will address each comment or question in coversational form, so all questions can be answered in a flow. So here's to your comments::

Div!! -- -If I missed a team it is MBA, However as good as they and Baylor are they don't have the big play, players to knock off a CBHS. I do believe they could either TIE a flat CBHS and win in PK's

Don't sell the east Div II teams short , when they are on they are pretty good teams

A/AA- Yes Madison , there is a difference in those teams from the east. Madison is a very good team but you will see a new level of speed of play from my top picks.

AAA- Houston has played and not lost to a host of very good teams. They have continued to improve and will own their districts. No question here a top notch team

Farragut does deserve to be in the mix. They have played on paper the hardest schedule in the state. Teams that do that have up and down games but at tuournament time,can put it all together. This team doesn't need the past they have a host of good players who could step up

Brentwood- The argument put on here here is valid, BUT , last years strength of schedule is why Brentwood maybe won it. They would have better served this year to throw some more tough games in the mix. Funny, I was at states last year and the game I think Brentwood stepped up to the best was Farragut. Farragut outshot Brentwood, yet Brentwood never quit and finally won. The tough schedule last year helped that momentum in that game, just think they should have had a harder schedule this year. BUT They are still an outside choice for me, BUT it is very hard to repeat no matter how good you are.

DID I miss anybodys questions? Let me KNow?!! :lol::)B)

A/AA- Yes Madison , there is a difference in those teams from the east. Madison is a very good team but you will see a new level of speed of play from my top picks.

[

Again, have you seen this team play? Also I think that you need to add Dyersburg to your outside chance list. They may not be as organized as other teams, but they have enough speed and strength to make a run.

Edited by manU721

Ok, I will try and answer each of your questions and statements. As I said, I am picking State Champions NOT, participants. Yes, some of the teams mentioned will Qualify to play in States but not win it all. If you disagree fine, but I have no allegiance to anyone and I AM NOT CUTTING ANYONE DOWN

I will address each comment or question in coversational form, so all questions can be answered in a flow. So here's to your comments::

Div!! -- -If I missed a team it is MBA, However as good as they and Baylor are they don't have the big play, players to knock off a CBHS. I do believe they could either TIE a flat CBHS and win in PK's

Don't sell the east Div II teams short , when they are on they are pretty good teams

AAA- Houston has played and not lost to a host of very good teams. They have continued to improve and will own their districts. No question here a top notch team

Farragut does deserve to be in the mix. They have played on paper the hardest schedule in the state. Teams that do that have up and down games but at tuournament time,can put it all together. This team doesn't need the past they have a host of good players who could step up

Brentwood- The argument put on here here is valid, BUT , last years strength of schedule is why Brentwood maybe won it. They would have better served this year to throw some more tough games in the mix. Funny, I was at states last year and the game I think Brentwood stepped up to the best was Farragut. Farragut outshot Brentwood, yet Brentwood never quit and finally won. The tough schedule last year helped that momentum in that game, just think they should have had a harder schedule this year. BUT They are still an outside choice for me, BUT it is very hard to repeat no matter how good you are.

DID I miss anybodys questions? Let me KNow?!! :lol:<_<:lol:

fair enough, i know the west have not been very good in most years throughout tennessee history in a/aa but this year, madison has all travel players and have some good skill, its just predictions, its cool, no offense taken, we will just have to see what happens... you can predict lots of things but i'd say 99% of the time you will be surprised in some way, not saying it will be now, but maybe some how, good luck everyone... madison won 13-0 against ripley

good post madison, all the people who are getting upset about someone else stating their opinion is worth nothing on the field, Good luck to you guys.

thanks, good luck to everyone though, not just us, there are other people who deserve to go to state to, i really dont care who wins it, just wanna have fun and play some soccer, let the games tell who win state, not a big deal if someone thinks less of you than "the big dogs(CAK)"

Again, have you seen this team play? Also I think that you need to add Dyersburg to your outside chance list. They may not be as organized as other teams, but they have enough speed and strength to make a run.

I'm curious as to whether you have seen the eastern teams play this year ManU? That, by the way, is just a question and not a sarcastic comment. I think you'll find that the eastern teams are a notch above the west in A/AA this year as they have been. I remember the first time I played CBHS with my Knox Catholic team. It was at the beginning of their 3 year run of championships. We thought the same thing you did. We had all club players and thought the difference could not be so drastic. 4-1 later we knew what everyone on here was talking about. I'm not saying that Madison can't win it, I'm just saying from history and experience that Madison more than likely has not seen or played against the level that they will get from the eastern teams this year. The finals will be Catholic./CCS/CAK however the brackets turn out. If Catholic comes to play they will win in my opinion. However, how can you bet against CAK haha. BigExpress will have his boys ready as always.

Manu721, I love your enthusiasm and heartful comments! Yes, Not only have I watched the teamsin the west play, I have friends and contacts in every corner of the state from my reporting days. You are newer on here and have not read my post from the past years or you would know I keep a handle on teams.

BUT All that being said, Props to you for your attitude, THAT kind of attitude is what make winners!!!

Curiously, Big G you haven't weighed in on my posts? Lying low? I admire your humbleness, but you could do it this year, I really see few in your way.

Hoya, Catholic will need some of your ol' boys to pump them up and keep them up, great team this year, but will need emotional push to win it all

LC...I am so sorry about LC and Coach Martins last year coming to an end so quickly. He really admired all you did for him the years you were there

Bruins- I am still a fan of yours and give you a good shot, but it will take a major effort to repeat against some of the teams you will face.

Tin Man, Your boys could be out tommorrow night unless they pickup the pace, Maryville is a seroius threat..... it would be unusal for no Bearden in the mix

Mustang91- You will have to get out of a precarious district to have a shot at states, my call is you can, convince your teammates

Edited by gameball

LC...I am so sorry about LC and Coach Martins last year coming to an end so quickly. He really admired all you did for him the years you were there

Many thanks gameball. I had the opportunity to watch them play a few times this year. When they wanted to be good, they had the capability, just not the heart. I would give anything to go back and play! It flew by and now I'm becoming an old man. I tried to bring it every game I played at LC. Now I enjoy watching a good game. I'm gonna try to make it out to Catholic for the game with CAK on Friday (assuming everyone makes it). I think I know who you are..

Edited by lcsoccer

Curiously, Big G you haven't weighed in on my posts? Lying low? I admire your humbleness, but you could do it this year, I really see few in your way.

Hoya, Catholic will need some of your ol' boys to pump them up and keep them up, great team this year, but will need emotional push to win it all

OK, I'll weigh in, but also going to take myself out of the equation. My big 3 are Catholic, Notre Dame, and CCS. What a huge impact Notre Dame and Catholic had across all divisions, not just A/AA. CCS has a new coach, and has done an amazing job (beating Catholic even after they played a lot of games is a feat in and of itself). The ones I wonder about are Madison, Dyersburg, and Westview. CPA also suprised me by only winning districts 1-0 last night.

The deciding factor for the finals is who faces who in state quarters. There is a very good chance that Catholic will play Notre Dame in this game (or possibly that "other" team from Knoxville :lol: ). I would imagine the winner of that game will make it to the finals. Like I said, IMAGINE. Anything can happen, upsets and such, so teams from the west, please understand that I am NOT disrespecting you. I just don't know enough about you to judge too accurately.

LC and coach Martin. Your fooling no one! Coach, I don't think it is possible for you to retire (what is it, 3 times now? :lol: ) But if you truly do, you will be sorely missed. You brought a whole new level to Lenoir City soccer (and you put up with Coach Munro!) Good luck in your future, and I hope to see you on the sidelines.

Edited by BigGExpress