GVILLE AND CTOWN

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know who SC's running backs are. Who are their receivers besides Bass, and I can't remember him playing offense much last year. But, I know he was awesome in the secondary. How many starting lineman are back?

recievers: Bass, Cannon, Hembrey, Harville gets looks at tight end, Davenport, maybe one or two more I'm leavin out, not sure

Lee Evans is the only returning lineman that i know of. Is there any others?

Chris Ferris, Anthony Thaxton is not a returning starter i don't think, Carter Robinson is the center, not returning starter. Evans of course, I can't remember who I am leavin out, but Ferris and Thaxton are monsters, and u know Evans is, Robinson is just a soph., he is pretty good, so the line is pretty tough, I realize somoene might say I was bashing them earlier. I didnt mean for it to seem that way, I was just pointing out one of the problems I thought we had.

I have missed alot the last few days...

No school that fields a team should be down graded because they rarely win. They still have high school kids out there sacrificing alot to play a very demanding game. That should warrant respect regardless of the outcome of those games.

Yes, TC has had our number but when was the last time G-ville beat them? I won't comment on the game with SC and TC yet for this year. It is too far away. Next, I don't know if we have ever lost to FC. I know we put spankings on them when we were playing though. Maybe the last couple of years would be different. I doubt it. Could G-ville compete in our region? Yes, for fourth place and their playoff lifes. Could we compete in theirs, OBVIOUSLY. We won more region games than TC did when they were in our region and just as many region championships. Could G-ville compete in 3A, no way... no how. Would G-villes region be tough in 2A, two of the teams would and G-ville is not one of them.

Do we have a gold ball, no. Have we ever played in the minor leagues, no. Has G-ville EVER played the likes of Alcoa or Austin East or Fulton or Goodpasture in the playoffs, NO, with the exception of maybe South Pitt a few years ago or did you even make it far enough to play those guys? I don't remember. Who has the most playoff wins in the last 5+ years, we do. I whole heartedly beg you to play some of our opponents. Then you will know and you will shut up. Play Catholic or LA for non-region games, maybe you could actually get a gate and some money.

As far as this year's game, I don't see it bein much different than last year's. We will have real game experience and that is vital. We will have more depth in that heat and that is crucial. We will have more speed and strength as a whole and that is dominating. Sorry. Have a nice day. :lol::)

Has Gordonsville ever played any of these teams mentioned in the playoffs? The answer is no....and do you know why? Because they have about 250-300 kids in their high school!! I wish everyone would stop worrying about how each team would do in the other's region. Who cares? They are not even in the same classification. Let's worry about the game at hand.

Yes, these teams do have a rivalry or there wouldn't be 17 pages of people on here talking crap about it right now when the game is 3 weeks away. :lol:

Has Gordonsville ever played any of these teams mentioned in the playoffs? The answer is no....and do you know why? Because they have about 250-300 kids in their high school!! I wish everyone would stop worrying about how each team would do in the other's region. Who cares? They are not even in the same classification. Let's worry about the game at hand.

Yes, these teams do have a rivalry or there wouldn't be 17 pages of people on here talking crap about it right now when the game is 3 weeks away. :lol:

We didn't bring up the issue of the regions, we just defended ours. And about this game being a rivalry, I believe someone said on here earlier, that it is weakening. Which is true, for us anyways, it may still be a rivalry to you, because you haven't won in so long. This isn't as big a game as it used to be, because it doesn't bring as good a gate as say teams like LA, TC, KC, or even what Portland used to. A lot of people from out of town come to watch those games, and they are people who don't follow any of those teams, or us, they just come to see a good game. No one really cares to come see a game, that is won before the fourth quarter starts.

Yes, these teams do have a rivalry or there wouldn't be 17 pages of people on here talking crap about it right now when the game is 3 weeks away. :D

The whole being in each other's region thing is just another way to prove SCs dominance over G-ville for the last few years. Our schedule has been much more difficult and it has forced us to step our game up or get ran off the field every Friday night. You guys don't see our type of competition week in and week out whether you want to admit it or not. True, it's not as tough now as it was when we were playing 3A... with a 2A enrollment... but it is still a tougher schedule than G-ville has. Yeah, I guess we are supposed to have a tougher schedule but it also forces us to be a better team, which we are. :lol: