GVILLE AND CTOWN

Nobody is crying. You should here how stupid you sound. We knew going into that game, we probably wouldn't win, but we were hoping we would. Losing that game, does not destroy our confidence. Who is getting on here and crying? The only one who is gonna be crying is you, after we stomp ya'll like last year. We schedule the KC game to hopefully prepare and better ourselves, you get better by playing people who are better than you. So look at it this way, ya'll will be better after week one, thanks to us.

I hope you don't stomp us too bad we have a big game next week against Red Boiling Springs <_<

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you would stop posting. Cause it looks like to me you are making all kinds of excuses why we got beat. Who cares if they are a bigger and faster team if you go out there and play ball it does not matter. If you block correct, call the right play at the right time, have people on your team who are not scared and soft, that is the game finding 22 people to put out there on that field every friday night and give it everything they got for 4 quarters and after in some cases. Just leave it all on the field. That is football kids playing cause they love the game and love to hit people and love to compete. So please stop making excuses for why we got beat by KC they beat us and thats that. G-ville if you win, I will say you were a better team on that given night. I just wish I could be there.

Maybe you should read some of the other posts, I am not making excuses. That guy said I heard ya'll played alright against them, and I said, we did at times, until we turned the ball over, don't really see how that is making excuses. And then my next post talked about admitting on how we got beat by a better team. Good luck up at AP though, how many ya'll gonna win this year?

Nobody is crying. You should here how stupid you sound. We knew going into that game, we probably wouldn't win, but we were hoping we would. Losing that game, does not destroy our confidence. Who is getting on here and crying? The only one who is gonna be crying is you, after we stomp ya'll like last year. We schedule the KC game to hopefully prepare and better ourselves, you get better by playing people who are better than you. So look at it this way, ya'll will be better after week one, thanks to us.

Speaking of stupid. You take a boxer stick him in the ring with the champ first fight. Just to test his skills. Make him a better fighter. He will always be looking for the Ko punch. Or know he can never reach that level. I bet every player on the owl team was screaming and smiling after that game huh? Thinking what a great experience. That should make us better. I think not. Also there go's that stomp word again you like to use. Can GV call it a stomping when they win? We Have your permission to use your favorite word? Stomp

Speaking of stupid. You take a boxer stick him in the ring with the champ first fight. Just to test his skills. Make him a better fighter. He will always be looking for the Ko punch. Or know he can never reach that level. I bet every player on the owl team was screaming and smiling after that game huh? Thinking what a great experience. That should make us better. I think not. Also there go's that stomp word again you like to use. Can GV call it a stomping when they win? We Have your permission to use your favorite word? Stomp

Yea they were all thrilled to lose. You don't understand what I am saying do you buddy? Of course they weren't happy to lose, but they know by playing that team they will be better for it. As for the usage of my word, if you guys beat us, you can use it all you want, and I will acknowledge that ya'll are a better team, as will all the other Owl fans. We may not think ya'll were better than us, but if ya'll win, for that one night, you were. Best of luck to ya.

Yea they were all thrilled to lose. You don't understand what I am saying do you buddy? Of course they weren't happy to lose, but they know by playing that team they will be better for it. As for the usage of my word, if you guys beat us, you can use it all you want, and I will acknowledge that ya'll are a better team, as will all the other Owl fans. We may not think ya'll were better than us, but if ya'll win, for that one night, you were. Best of luck to ya.

Now that was a decent post. SC has been the best team most of the time. But 18 times SC was not. Sometimes the tide changes. You are up against a team with nothing to loose. Just something to prove. Thats why the crowds come. Thats why the game will never die. Best of luck to the Owls also.

Now that was a decent post. SC has been the best team most of the time. But 18 times SC was not. Sometimes the tide changes. You are up against a team with nothing to loose. Just something to prove. Thats why the crowds come. Thats why the game will never die. Best of luck to the Owls also.

You are right, they do have nothing to lose, and that is to their advantage.

and thats exactly why this game has lost some of its luster for football fans in Smith County. Gordonsville should not, could not, and does not win very much at all versus Smith County. How exactly does that help the Owl program? Playing a lesser opponent and all. Go Big Owls!!!!!!!!! Run it up.

Very well spoken... By both <_< "The GAME will never die".. I like that :lol:

and thats exactly why this game has lost some of its luster for football fans in Smith County. Gordonsville should not, could not, and does not win very much at all versus Smith County. How exactly does that help the Owl program? Playing a lesser opponent and all. Go Big Owls!!!!!!!!! Run it up.

I'm pretty sure the game hasn't lost its luster for the fans. All of Smith County will be there. The intensity will also be there for everyone. I wouldn't say G-ville is a lesser opponent. Take Vanderbilt and UT, for instance. It doesn't how good or bad each team is. It is usually a good game. That's the way it is with SC and G-ville. It doesn't matter how good or bad each team is it is usually a good game.

That's helps both teams by playing with all you got, and it is usually a good experience from playing in a close game, gut check.

As far as G-ville not winning very much against SC, It's been 7 years since they won in the series, but before that, G-ville won 4 out of 5, or it may have been 5 out of 6. I'm not completely for sure. Just because a team wins more in a series doesn't mean they should stop playing. The competition is always there.

So all this talk about this game not helping the owl is hogwash.

I'm pretty sure the game hasn't lost its luster for the fans. All of Smith County will be there. The intensity will also be there for everyone. I wouldn't say G-ville is a lesser opponent. Take Vanderbilt and UT, for instance. It doesn't how good or bad each team is. It is usually a good game. That's the way it is with SC and G-ville. It doesn't matter how good or bad each team is it is usually a good game.

That's helps both teams by playing with all you got, and it is usually a good experience from playing in a close game, gut check.

As far as G-ville not winning very much against SC, It's been 7 years since they won in the series, but before that, G-ville won 4 out of 5, or it may have been 5 out of 6. I'm not completely for sure. Just because a team wins more in a series doesn't mean they should stop playing. The competition is always there.

Your right croz, all the talk about the game not being played though, was just goofin around I believe. I know I would hate to see the rivalry end, and so would others. The game will always be played, that is unless they consolidate, but that'll be another 100 years or so.

True, you see any other thread in here with more posts? You wont get this many posts unless you are up to win the gold ball. Like the TC posts last year. Its the best advertisment either team can get at the start of the season. Gv will not have as big of crowd from the fans all year as this game. Nor will SC from their fans. Unless the gold ball is at stake. Thats the facts. This year is special. trust me. Buy extra food and drinks, or you may run out. PLUS + Rumor is the scouts will be there. They can see all Smith co players in one game.