Wednesday:

Loser's Bracket Final @ Cleveland High-4pm

Championship Game @ Cleveland High-6pm

If Necessary Game @ Cleveland High-8pm

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland and Bradley are left in the winner's bracket to fight it out Tuesday 6:00 to secure a ride to the championship game.

Bradley played tough and swept the game against Walker Valley with a 4-0 win despite an error or two.

Cumberland beat Rhea Co., but only due to errors from Rhea. Rhea played a heck of a game. They came into the tournament in fourth place and beat fifth place Cleveland easily, only to play a great game against Cumberland.

It will be an interesting game tomorrow. The last time Cumberland and Bradley met up, it was a 1-0 ball game.

<_<

Congrats to the all-district team:

Rachel McKay, Short Stop

Hannah Suits, Left Field

Britni Pearce, Center Field

(Sorry, I wish I could list them all-but I only am certain of Bradley's)

Edited by bhsfan1

The last time Bradley and Cumberland meet Cumberland had its starting short stop and center fielder. Both are lost for season because of injury. Should be a great game both teams , now more than ever, evenly matched.

Bradley is still missing a starter as well (She was out during the last Cumberlan/Bradley match-up as well). She has been out for several weeks. She had a surgery that takes time for the recovery process.

I hope for a quick recovery to those Cumberland girls.

Rhea County put up a great fight in the tournament this year but we fell short once again

Rhea County 4 vs McMinn 0

Rhea county 1 vs. Walker Valley 3 ( lead the whole game and lost it in the 7th)

Walker Valley also put out Cleveland tonight too

Edited by Rhea Co.

Weather forcast for today looks bad. :lol: , Does anyone know if Cleveland has a tarp for their field?

Congratulations to Cumberland! You guys played a great game. The Cumberland picther has so much movement on her ball, much less the speed behind it. She did a good job. I should give your catcher a lot of credit too, because she saved a lot of pitches that should have been at the backstop. You also have a great defense to back it all up with. You definitely have a solid team, and have for years. We hope to see you in the championship!

Be careful traveling! Especially if the weather gets bad! It seems strange that we have someone in our district that is hours away.

Edited by bhsfan1

To answer a few questions in previous posts, Cleveland does not have a tarp and Cumberland County is just set in a remote location. We would have to travel no matter which district we were in.

Also, I would like to thank the people on this thread. Coach T is a wonderful tool for coaches and parents but too many times it is used for bashing. This thread has been nothing but positive. District 5-3A is a very evenly matched district. Just look at the scores in the tournament as well as regular season. It is made up of a bunch of good ball players but they are even better kids. I can't remember the last time we had a problem on the field between players. One play from this tournament comes to mind. In our first game of the tourney against Rhea there was a play at third. The base runner and the third baseman got tangled up. The runner fighting to get to the bag and the third baseman fighting to get to the ball. Without words, pushes or anything else uncalled for both eventually got up. That was just good hard softball by both girls.

I am proud to be apart of this district.

David Terrebonne

CCHS

To answer a few questions in previous posts, Cleveland does not have a tarp and Cumberland County is just set in a remote location. We would have to travel no matter which district we were in.

Also, I would like to thank the people on this thread. Coach T is a wonderful tool for coaches and parents but too many times it is used for bashing. This thread has been nothing but positive. District 5-3A is a very evenly matched district. Just look at the scores in the tournament as well as regular season. It is made up of a bunch of good ball players but they are even better kids. I can't remember the last time we had a problem on the field between players. One play from this tournament comes to mind. In our first game of the tourney against Rhea there was a play at third. The base runner and the third baseman got tangled up. The runner fighting to get to the bag and the third baseman fighting to get to the ball. Without words, pushes or anything else uncalled for both eventually got up. That was just good hard softball by both girls.

I am proud to be apart of this district.

David Terrebonne

CCHS

David, you may be able to answer a question that I have been wondering about. I heard the Cumberland County is building a new school and may change districts for you next year. How true is this and what is to be expected for you guys?