chs v. usj

CHSGRAD99

Who pitched for Ripley when USJ beat them 1-0, I know Gant pitched for USJ and then Nelson the next night in a 10-0 win for USJ?

The lefty that lost to Covington on Saturday pitched in the 1-0 game. Also, Gant pitched the 10-0 game at USJ the night after Nelson pitched the 1-0 game at Ripley.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lefty that lost to Covington on Saturday pitched in the 1-0 game. Also, Gant pitched the 10-0 game at USJ the night after Nelson pitched the 1-0 game at Ripley.

You're right, that was the 5 inning perfect game. So who pitches for Ripley tonight?

Great game to CHS and USJ last night! I thought Burdette pitched a whale of a game against a very good team. Delashmit had a very solid game, as did Mathis. As for Gant, you couldn't have asked for him to do anymore. At one point, in the middle of the game, he looked like a college pitcher pitching to a high school team. There is no disrespect whatsoever directed at Covington in that statement. I think he struck out something like 6 men in a row in the 5th and 6th innings. Pitched out of trouble in the 1st. Gave his team a chance to get out of trouble again in the 2nd. He got stronger as the game went on. Had USJ tied it, it would have been very tough for Covington to get any more runs. Sorry to see him get his first loss like that. Good luck vs. Ripley tonight! Until the Delashmit double play in the 6th, the momentum was on USJ's side even while they were trailing. You can credit that to the starting pitcher in my opinion. What's a shame is that only one of the teams will advance out of the region!!

Doesn't the region winner and runner up both advance?

I'm sorry, I worded that kind of vaguely. I meant, as necvol said, only one team Ripley or USJ will be able to advance. By the way, the weather is definitely not cooperating with the tournament schedule today. Lots of rain already, should be tough to get a 6:00 game in tonight.