New Era at Wilson Central

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started spring practice at Wildcat Land yesterday under our new head man Coach Aric. Coach Aric is very excited and enthusiastic about our prospects for the coming season.

Coach Aric says offensively that we will be much better with his new system; Get ready for the "Air Cats". Key defensive losses will have to be replaced, so the new "O" will certainly carry us early on. I think WC can challenge for the title in Region 4 5A in 2006.

My prediction:

1. WC

2. Lavergne (*last game will decide title)

3. Smyrna

4. Riverdale

5. siegel

6. Lebanon

7. Oakland

8. Blackman

GO DUB-C

I have to agree with the Crack Smoker (first responder to this post. I went to the WC vs Ravenwood Scrimmage last week and from what I saw, Our Defense is where it was if not better than last year. Our offense is suffering !!! Aaron Scott will either spend a lot of time on his backside or he'll have to run the ball a heck of a lot which is NO GOOD for any starting QB. Don't get me wrong, Scott is a definate leader and one heck of a QB but it will be hard for him to do anything lying on his back. Our offensive line absolutely stinks BIGTIME. Unless Coach Aric makes some serious adjustments to the O Line and puts some Super Glue on our receivers hands, the WC Wildcats are in trouble !!! I watched the scrimmage for

appx 45 minutes and I saw one pass completed. The passes were on time like they were supposed to be, the Receivers were the ones struggling with catches. I

will say this though, the receivers were underclassmen that aren't starters so I

think we might be O.K. on the receivers. Do something with the "O" Line and we should be O.K.

I have to agree with the Crack Smoker (first responder to this post. I went to the WC vs Ravenwood Scrimmage last week and from what I saw, Our Defense is where it was if not better than last year. Our offense is suffering !!! Aaron Scott will either spend a lot of time on his backside or he'll have to run the ball a heck of a lot which is NO GOOD for any starting QB. Don't get me wrong, Scott is a definate leader and one heck of a QB but it will be hard for him to do anything lying on his back. Our offensive line absolutely stinks BIGTIME. Unless Coach Aric makes some serious adjustments to the O Line and puts some Super Glue on our receivers hands, the WC Wildcats are in trouble !!! I watched the scrimmage for

appx 45 minutes and I saw one pass completed. The passes were on time like they were supposed to be, the Receivers were the ones struggling with catches. I

will say this though, the receivers were underclassmen that aren't starters so I

think we might be O.K. on the receivers. Do something with the "O" Line and we should be O.K.

I will agree that the o-line needs work, but did you attend the same scrimmage I did? The o-line gashed Ravenwood pretty good on several big runs. Scott also did not get sacked one time. The receivers were young and will only get better with time, but I have a hard time believing things are as dire as you predict.

I will agree that the o-line needs work, but did you attend the same scrimmage I did? The o-line gashed Ravenwood pretty good on several big runs. Scott also did not get sacked one time. The receivers were young and will only get better with time, but I have a hard time believing things are as dire as you predict.

As Ravencat stated earlier in this thread, Ravenwood played one starter, Isiah Williams, on the defensive side of the ball in this scrimmage. Not to mention Isiah played DE last year and was playing MLB for the first time. The rest of the defense were all 2nd and 3rd teamers!!!

Also, the Ravenwood offense was missing ALL of their first team skill guys (RB, 4 receivers) to injuries/other sports.

WC played well...but I would get too excited about what they played against (which was basically a JV team).

As Ravencat stated earlier in this thread, Ravenwood played one starter, Isiah Williams, on the defensive side of the ball in this scrimmage. Not to mention Isiah played DE last year and was playing MLB for the first time. The rest of the defense were all 2nd and 3rd teamers!!!

Also, the Ravenwood offense was missing ALL of their first team skill guys (RB, 4 receivers) to injuries/other sports.

WC played well...but I would get too excited about what they played against (which was basically a JV team).

that is all you guys keep saying....."it was a JV team", but do you think that Wislon Central played all their starters? probably not. but let's hope for Ravenwood's sake that this was their backups because they got pasted. They looked like lightweights in a heavyweight title match. they got hit in the mouth and didn't like it so now they are making excuses. but that tends to be the problem in the "rich kids" schools (Ravenwood, Brentwood, etc.), they can't handle smash mouth football......they never have. Personally, I don't like Riverdale but I hope they smack you in the mouth again!! You are dealing with 4-5A now, not your little "Franklin" region. You are now playing with the big boys. Riverdale, Central, Smyrna, Lavergne, crap, even Lebanon will bring it at you and you are not ready for it. You don't have to like it but you have to live with it.

As a matter of fact I DID !!! What I saw was Aaron Scott running for his life to

make up for what the offensive line couldn't do. Don't get me wrong sir, I am

NOT bad-mouthing anyone or the team. I just have concerns for the QB. We

have a gret Backup QB in Connor McChurch but he certainly isn't Aaron and doesn't have the experience necessary to carry this team. I do think this team

has the potential to go well into the play-offs, but the O-Line really needs to get it together for that to happen.

that is all you guys keep saying....."it was a JV team", but do you think that Wislon Central played all their starters? probably not. but let's hope for Ravenwood's sake that this was their backups because they got pasted. They looked like lightweights in a heavyweight title match. they got hit in the mouth and didn't like it so now they are making excuses. but that tends to be the problem in the "rich kids" schools (Ravenwood, Brentwood, etc.), they can't handle smash mouth football......they never have. Personally, I don't like Riverdale but I hope they smack you in the mouth again!! You are dealing with 4-5A now, not your little "Franklin" region. You are now playing with the big boys. Riverdale, Central, Smyrna, Lavergne, crap, even Lebanon will bring it at you and you are not ready for it. You don't have to like it but you have to live with it.

Nice reply!!!! I could care less about either team but I attended the scrimmage and know the athletes around the mid-state. It looked like a "lightweight vs heavyweight" title match because Ravenwood was playing freshman and sophomores!!! And I'm sure everyone will agree with you that the "rich kids" can't handle smash mouth football though they have won a couple of championships over the last few years (with skirts on). Keep up the good work--your a credit to Coach T's message board.

Did WC scrimmage White House yesterday? If they did, how did they match up?

didn't get to go, but heard that Central won pretty big.....6-1 or something like that

also heard that Central had about 10 kids in street clothes and that the starters played very little

didn't get to go, but heard that Central won pretty big.....6-1 or something like that

also heard that Central had about 10 kids in street clothes and that the starters played very little

White house had 3 kids at a track meet and 8 kids at baseball.That makes up about 8 starters including the QB and #1,2 and 3 running backs, both wide outs and 3 starters on defense.Central did look very good.The QB ran the first team well and the 2nd team QB looks to be a great athelete.You should have a good year.