Region 6a

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mp is the team to beat. they always had the talent but thankfully for years they had a coach to hide it! he could do less with more than any coach ever.

i don't know what the rest of the region is like but i do know that wayne co is in somewhat of a rebuilding year. within 3 years the cats will be champs and run the region for about four years in a row when this years eigth grade class gets in high school. they will probably win a state title in that run also.

anyway, mp, wc, and cwood will probably be in the playoffs.

Anybody know why they have the Tennessee Kentucky game this time of year? I can understand why many of the guys turned down playing. If they get hurt they don't get a chance to get healthy before college starts. Plus they haven't practiced football in 7 months and baseball is going on. Why not have it in December? or early January? It is good to see someone from the region there. Jamarcus Webster went last year.

Edited by MPTigerT

Anybody know why they have the Tennessee Kentucky game this time of year? I can understand why many of the guys turned down playing. If they get hurt they don't get a chance to get healthy before college starts. Plus they haven't practiced football in 7 months and baseball is going on. Why not have it in December? or early January? It is good to see someone from the region there. Jamarcus Webster went last year.

Like someone said on another bored...they wouldnt want to take kids out of school for a week, and take away from other sports like basketball....or early baseball......

Great to see him on th team. He was a great rb for CA.

He was a great player and a great kid. All this recruiting stuff is bs. If a family wants to dish out the $5,000+ to send there kid there what's the big deal. Nobody gets a break because they are a good athelet. Markease worked at CA during the summers just as many other kids to to help on the tuition. I'm sure that was a major selling point during his recruiting visits. He wouldn't have played at Central? Please. He wouldn't have bis the star he was at CA but a kid with the heart Markease has is going to play anywhere.

He was a great player and a great kid. All this recruiting stuff is bs. If a family wants to dish out the $5,000+ to send there kid there what's the big deal. Nobody gets a break because they are a good athelet. Markease worked at CA during the summers just as many other kids to to help on the tuition. I'm sure that was a major selling point during his recruiting visits. He wouldn't have played at Central? Please. He wouldn't have bis the star he was at CA but a kid with the heart Markease has is going to play anywhere.

I never said he wouldn't have played at central, but due to his size I don't think he would have had the 1500 rushing yards he had at CA, but hey who knows what could have been

Edited by cjs_72_10

That is soo true about the whole recruiting thing....people just cant face facts that when a team like CA gets a good player like him that he was not recruited....It seems someone always has an excuse to why that one person went to that one school....

That is soo true about the whole recruiting thing....people just cant face facts that when a team like CA gets a good player like him that he was not recruited....It seems someone always has an excuse to why that one person went to that one school....

CA recriuts period. I know first hand. Wether Markese was or not I dont know. I know of one kid personally. Another thing, Markese is a good kid, if he was recruited it doesnt make him a bad person its the institution. Good luck Markese and way to represent Region 6A in the KY-TN game.