BEARDEN VS FARRAGUT

Tin-Man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play for Oak Ridge as well as Bearden. and i was thiking about that, and Oak Ridge HATES Bearden, they will be ready, and they have been steadily improving, it may be a different game this time.

I am not biased by any means (in my opinion, i guess others can say otherwise). i say bearden plays bad when they do, but that is not the case last night.

As for my best player, again you all might think this is biased, it would have to be #16 on Bearden it is Trevor Cook, my little brother. He too is a defender, he did not let any one go by him, won every 50/50 ball that i saw, and stopped Ben Backstrom from doing anything. Yes yes it says he scored, but that was a direct kick (and a nice one).

Yeah ur brother,number 16, was not that impressive. All he did was boot the ball up everytime it came near him. He was good but no where near the best player, and im pretty sure Backstrom got some nice crosses and numerous shots off so thats not stopping him from doing anything.

Yeah ur brother,number 16, was not that impressive. All he did was boot the ball up everytime it came near him. He was good but no where near the best player, and im pretty sure Backstrom got some nice crosses and numerous shots off so thats not stopping him from doing anything.

no im pretty sure he did nothing except for that direct shot, why did they switch Ben to the other side after a while of not being able to do anything?

Trevor won every 50/50 that went his way, and alot of his boots he actually hit into space and put Rico into a place for a scoring opportunity or a 1 V 1. I do not see how he did not do good. Tell me what he did wrong, besides clearing the ball (which i might add is Bearden's style) and to forwards.

Ben never went around him one time.

One time he almost did but Trevor blocked the cross and Farragut got a corner.

Might i add that Trevor and Ben hit the ball at the same time and he flipped Ben right to the ground.

He pretty much dominated him on every play.

Maybe you are thinking about his crosses when he was switched to the other side of the field or something.

Biggie Smalls, Ben was right next to him when he won 50/50 balls, it is just that Trevor is faster and stronger.

Don't get me wrong here, i know it sounds like i am making Trevor out to be some God, if you look back this is the first time he has ever been mentioned; i just thought he had a great game, and the best i have ever seen him play.

Lets not forget that this is a TEAM game. Sometimes a single player can have an impact on the game but rarely does one player win the game alone.

Bearden played at a higher pace during this game but Farragut took their time and continued to play their style of soccer. The results are what they are and Farragut won this match as a Team.

Maybe if more Bearden players got involved in the action as a Team instead of as individuals, the outcome would have been different. As in recent years, there still is a chance that these two teams will meet again.

I hope both will represent the District and East Tennessee well.

:thumb:

how many times did Bearden just kick the ball up to rico???? and how many times did he pass it off once they advanced into Farraguts defensive third????

Beardens defense looks for Radcliffe(or to clear it!!!)....he looks to rico....he shoots...then there is a goal kick.

in the past, the fowards and midfielders for Bearden were capable of doing it as indviduals, but if I watched THAT game correctly (and for anyone that knows soccer) Rico SHOULD have been the MVP with at least 4 goals.

Either way, both teams advance and I would bet that we WILL see them on the same field again before the season is done.....best of luck to both squads

How is Bearden not playing like a team?

i thought they played like a team really well, and got some pretty close calls for goals. i do not see how Rico gets balls passed to him if every one is playing as an individual.

Because Bearden soccer consists of booming the ball up to Rico, praying that he somehow miraculously gets a good bounce, beats the sweeper and then misses the goal by 10 yards. Oh yeah, then everyone on bearden is like "GOOD JOB TEAM! LOL"

how many times did Bearden just kick the ball up to rico???? and how many times did he pass it off once they advanced into Farraguts defensive third????

Beardens defense looks for Radcliffe(or to clear it!!!)....he looks to rico....he shoots...then there is a goal kick.

in the past, the fowards and midfielders for Bearden were capable of doing it as indviduals, but if I watched THAT game correctly (and for anyone that knows soccer) Rico SHOULD have been the MVP with at least 4 goals.

Either way, both teams advance and I would bet that we WILL see them on the same field again before the season is done.....best of luck to both squads

i do not know what game you were watching friday night, but it doesn't sound like it was at Farragut High.

Bearden's defense does kick it up to Rico alot, he is the best forward; however, they passed alot up the sides to the forwards who got around the corner and passed a ball into the six. Rico did pass when he was double teamed or trapped the ball with out advancing.

Beardens defense doesn't look for Radcliffe, they look for any mid-fielder, most of the time it is Hinkle.

Yes, Rico should have been the MVP for sure because he did absolutely everything right except for putting it in the net, and until he can do that consistently Bearden might see more games come out without wins.

Yes, i too hope that they will meet again and both advance to state, i think both have a good chance of doing something this year.

Good luck to both.