Tullahoma vs. Shelbyville

CHSSoccer_20

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma won on PK's.

Game should have ended in regulation with Shelbyville winning 3 - 1. Linesman blew goal kick and awarded Tullahoma a corner kick that they scored off of and then Shelbyville had a player run past a defender to get a ball and knock it into the goal and the same linesman called him for offsides and the goal was waved off. I was in good position right at the end of the field and behind the linesman so there is no question he blew both calls. Too bad for a ref to blow two calls that hurts one team and favors another. Need better at the district championship level ... sigh ... :D

Tullahoma won on PK's.

Game should have ended in regulation with Shelbyville winning 3 - 1. Linesman blew goal kick and awarded Tullahoma a corner kick that they scored off of and then Shelbyville had a player run past a defender to get a ball and knock it into the goal and the same linesman called him for offsides and the goal was waved off. I was in good position right at the end of the field and behind the linesman so there is no question he blew both calls. Too bad for a ref to blow two calls that hurts one team and favors another. Need better at the district championship level ... sigh ... :D

It's great to see a team with class upset the district favorite. I guess the "should be" MVP wasn't able to pull this one out.

Great job Tullahoma!

Just to inform you "hooligan" the would be MVP was the one who scored the goal that got called back do to a terrible call by the referee..that same would be MVP scored two goals in the first half to advance Shelbyville into the finals..and if i'm not mistaken the actual MVP couldn't even pull his team to the finals..i'd like to see a goal comparison to the two..then you can tell me that Andrew didn't deserve the MVP

Just to inform you "hooligan" the would be MVP was the one who scored the goal that got called back do to a terrible call by the referee..that same would be MVP scored two goals in the first half to advance Shelbyville into the finals..and if i'm not mistaken the actual MVP couldn't even pull his team to the finals..i'd like to see a goal comparison to the two..then you can tell me that Andrew didn't deserve the MVP

I know this is not my argument to get into but having played against both andrew gordon and benj lance (the mvp) i would have to say that benj deserved the award much more than andrew gordon. I'm going to try to avoid saying anything on here that will get me in trouble but i have little respect for andrew gordon and the way that he plays however benj lance is BY FAR the most talented player and goal scorer in the district. i have nothing but bad things to say about gordon and nothing but good things to say about benj. and i would actually like to see how many goals that each of them scored. its easier to vote for a player you can respect. i doubt that any coach voted for andrew other than his own

here's my 2 cents

1 tullahoma forfeits probably screwed the voting up

2 benji had to mark andrew and andrew still got 2 goals

3 columbia, lawrence co and coffee co probably have some kind of bias against shelbyville

but in my honest opinion the 4 best players are

cameron greenway

mark meuer

andrew gordon

seth jamison

here's my 2 cents

1 tullahoma forfeits probably screwed the voting up

2 benji had to mark andrew and andrew still got 2 goals

3 columbia, lawrence co and coffee co probably have some kind of bias against shelbyville

but in my honest opinion the 4 best players are

cameron greenway

mark meuer

andrew gordon

seth jamison

Jack Sowell (Columbia Central) was the best player I saw in the district. Unfortunatley, he was injured against Shelbyville.

If the goal was called back - he didn't really score did he?

And if determining MVP was only a matter of counting goals, there wouldn't need to be a vote. Gordon may have had enough talent to be MVP, but there is more to MVP than number of goals or raw talent. I understand that Lance had 3 or 4 hat tricks this season, so I wouldn't think the number of goals is that much different between the two.

Maybe the lesson here is - if you think you're in the running for district MVP, show respect to the district teams you play. Not a bad idea regardless of your skill level.