Baylor/McCallie vie for Region Championship

jon26

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie doesn't really have a point of view before the game...nor will they after the game. Everything that needs to be said can be interpreted from the on-field action today. Good luck to both teams and hope that both remain injury free.

Spoken like a senior leader on a quality team. Good luck to both teams.

Any information on the game?

Jon26 reported it. 1-0 for Baylor. It was a real defensive battle. Very few dangerous shots by either team. Javier V. scored on a bounding cross from JB Murphy about 30 minutes or so into the match. I think that both teams came away without any major injuries and hopefully both will do well at the state tournament. Baylor wins the title and McCallie wins in that if CBHS goes undefeated in their region, McCallie would have an easier road to the finals if they can pull it off. I hope that both teams are healthy and pumped up for the state tournament and both make it to the finals.

Baylor was much busier and possesed the ball alot. Overall they were much better prepared {coached?} and had far more success with short passes working the ball up the field. Finishing is not their forte but Mcallie really did not press the action until the last seven or eight minutes. All in all, an easy win from this nuetral observer's standpoint.

Jon26 reported it. 1-0 for Baylor. It was a real defensive battle. Very few dangerous shots by either team. Javier V. scored on a bounding cross from JB Murphy about 30 minutes or so into the match. I think that both teams came away without any major injuries and hopefully both will do well at the state tournament. Baylor wins the title and McCallie wins in that if CBHS goes undefeated in their region, McCallie would have an easier road to the finals if they can pull it off. I hope that both teams are healthy and pumped up for the state tournament and both make it to the finals.

McCallie played two d2 middle teams during the regular season. Lost both, They have not even played the top two teams...mba and bga... easier road to the finals...maybe so, but i think easier said than done. I am interested in what you think.............

McCallie played two d2 middle teams during the regular season. Lost both, They have not even played the top two teams...mba and bga... easier road to the finals...maybe so, but i think easier said than done. I am interested in what you think.............

I think that the middle region may be the toughest region but the most up and down region also. If you look at all the games that BGA played I would say that they look the best and most consistent on paper. The loss to MBA was interesting but the only other loss was to Grissom who really smashed Father Ryan so I would expect that they are the best in the region. Both Father Ryan and MBA have had their ups and downs. Father Ryan with their big loss to Grissom and their two ties to USN and PJPII which should be much weaker teams makes me wonder about them. I did see them play McCallie and that game could have easily been a 1-0 loss to McCallie. MBA however is the giant killer with wins over BGA, Grissom, but losing to PJPII, and Bearden who had a less than stellar year for them has been really up and down. I guess that it comes down to who shows up to play at the state tournament and if they are really ready to play Wed. It will be interesting to see if USN or PJPII will get to the state tournament but I would doubt it unless they really get psyched. I don't even know if they are out yet. Just my observations without seeing most of them play but it will be fun to see who wins out.

I am afraid that Baylor does have the harder road even though they won the region. The winner gets Christian Brothers (#2 in nation) in the second game if they advance. Does anyone know who Baylor gets in the first game?

Baylor was much busier and possesed the ball alot. Overall they were much better prepared {coached?} and had far more success with short passes working the ball up the field. Finishing is not their forte but Mcallie really did not press the action until the last seven or eight minutes. All in all, an easy win from this nuetral observer's standpoint.

Yes, this is how I saw it too. Just as in the first meeting Baylor pretty much dominated both games but in had trouble finishing again...had many opportunities. But Baylor is just a dominate defensive team and this is always a trademark of a Jimmy Weekly coached team. Great coach but I really wish we could finish better. It would make for less nerves.