Brentwood vs. Stratford Scrimmage

BHS05

Brentwood looked very slow on both sides of the ball. Good size, but slow. Possibly I was expecting to see more dominance by Brentwood, maybe by the end of the summer they'll look like a playoff caliber 5A school should look vs. a 4A school like Stratford, who likely will not fare too well in Region 5-4A. Stratford, while big on the lines, were not very deep. Stratford showed some quickness at the skill positions, but they were all little guys.

Stratford will be fortunate to win 3-4 games this season seeing as how their football program is being run on less than $5,000 and the region they play in includes the likes of Maplewood, Whites Creek, Hillsboro, and Tullahoma and the non-region schedule includes the likes of McGavock and Pearl-Cohn.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was hard to say, Brentwood looked bad. They were athletic but slow and Stratford's line destroyed Brentwood's line. It made me wonder if Brentwood should have went after Stratfords line coach. But to get back on the subject Brentwood had a running back that looked like he might have a good year but I didnt see any receivers that could play. Stratford has made the switch to a hard nosed run team and they looked decent and decent might be good enough because Whites Creek lost yesterday and Hillsboro is getting a new coach.

It was hard to say, Brentwood looked bad. They were athletic but slow and Stratford's line destroyed Brentwood's line. It made me wonder if Brentwood should have went after Stratfords line coach. But to get back on the subject Brentwood had a running back that looked like he might have a good year but I didnt see any receivers that could play. Stratford has made the switch to a hard nosed run team and they looked decent and decent might be good enough because Whites Creek lost yesterday and Hillsboro is getting a new coach.

It's just the spring. There's a lot that can change prior to the end of August (not to mention that the region games won't begin until September arrives). Brentwood will be good because they're a legit contender in 5A. Stratford's football program was left in shandles by one William Johnson (both respectability wise as well as financially). Those four teams in the region I mentioned are all good and that doesn't even include Lawrence Co. (a good team that just missed the postseason last season) and Hickman Co. (who was much improved last year and will really shock some folks this year under second year head coach Eric Swenson).

Who won this scrimmage? What was the break down of the scoring? How many times did the 1's score and how many times did the2's score?