Bledsoe at Grundy-scrimmage...

Coaches can't "give them the will to play"... They either have it or they don't. I've heard it said at many schools that there are better players walking the halls than are on the team. I say BS. If they are better players...then why aren't they playing? The bottom line is, they may be more athletic, but being athletic does not make someone a "player". They have to have the heart and drive to work hard in order to be a player and if they are using some lame excuse (ie...don't like the coach) then they are not "player" material... period.....

You do not need coaches at all, just give them a ball and let them play.

(Who said that is a well coached team.) no such thing!!!

Ask a coach if he is needed? You should not even pay them.... if all you need is heart and will. That will get it done.....

Coaches do it for the players, not not the money. That is the bottom line

IT is just fun to be a coach....

Let old DAD coach the team......

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need coaches at all, just give them a ball and let them play.

(Who said that is a well coached team.) no such thing!!!

Ask a coach if he is needed? You should not even pay them.... if all you need is heart and will. That will get it done.....

Coaches do it for the players, not not the money. That is the bottom line

IT is just fun to be a coach....

Let old DAD coach the team......

I really disagree you have to be well coached to win a ballgame. If u just give the players the ball then where does all that line techinque that was coached, you are coached to run to the right hole, the recievers running good routes.You are crazy if u say that there is no well coached team.I can think of many teams that dont have "the players to compete" do really good. I thinkcoaching is a major factor in winning ball games. If there is no coaching where is the adjustments at halftime.Enough points said.

OK...NOBODY said that heart and will were ALL that you needed to win. NOBODY said that coaches didn't play vital roles in the success of a team. I was responding to a post by Volhead in which he said that the coaches must "give them the will play". If you noticed, I put it in quotes because that is what he said. I see that he has gone back edited his original post to make more sense. What he is saying now is that coaches should "make them believe in themselves", which a good coach can do. NOBODY can give someone the "will" to play. Like I said, they either have it or they don't. Coaches can motivate players to become better and that is an important part of a coaches job.

How idiotic is it to think that someone would get on here and say that coaches aren't important?

You took Volhead out of context.....you got to read between his lines.....

All Players are not a Dick Butkas mentallity......some kids are more passive and need the Lombardie motivation......may have skills and talent, but need a boost of energy called MOTIVATION....like the buzz you get at a Church Revival, all emotion baby.

But I do agree with Cutbait, let's have a game where no coaches are present.

Kinda like we did years ago during recess. Oh the fun.....

Polecat

But I do agree with Cutbait, let's have a game where no coaches are present.

Kinda like we did years ago during recess. Oh the fun.....

Polecat

Well we kinda got that recess game last year at Sequatchie the first quarter the boys from bledsoe looked like a team on a mission, BUT Seq had coaches there to make the proper adjustments!

While our coaches got took to class!!!!!

Well we kinda got that recess game last year at Sequatchie the first quarter the boys from bledsoe looked like a team on a mission, BUT Seq had coaches there to make the proper adjustments!

While our coaches got took to class!!!!!

So what is up with the Midway game tomorrow?

What can we expect?

Polecat

I really disagree you have to be well coached to win a ballgame. If u just give the players the ball then where does all that line techinque that was coached, you are coached to run to the right hole, the recievers running good routes.You are crazy if u say that there is no well coached team.I can think of many teams that dont have "the players to compete" do really good. I thinkcoaching is a major factor in winning ball games. If there is no coaching where is the adjustments at halftime.Enough points said.

You DA MAN..........Wal nut

You have to be well Coached to win ballgames. This is not recess, all good teams have good coaches and player love to play for good coaches.

ask a player

Edited by cutbait