RHS loooking for another game

At the football meeting tonight Wyant said we could possibly go to chattanoga or louisvile Ky for a game. Sounds very promising :thumb:

Yes, but they would be AWAY games! R'dale has continually gotten messed over when it comes to HOME games. That is one of the few sources of revenue to get the RINGS when they win them. If either trip is as expensive as last years game to Ohio they are gonna have to work VERY hard to come up with the funds to travel. Gas has NOT gotten any cheaper than last year either.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ensworth was scheduled to play riverdale in a JV game last year but cancelled. isnt the school new? do you have any information on them like city and mascot, classification?

Ensworth added a high school to their existing K-8 two years ago. They built a new high school campus off of Highway 100 next to Edwin Warner Park in Nashville. They currently have only freshmen and sophmores with juniors next year and seniors the year after that. Ricky Bowers, former MBA head coach, is their A.D. and coach. Nickname is Tigers. Classifation is D-II AA.

I assume the Ensworth-Riverdale scrimmage will be a JV scrimmage. A full on varsity scrimmage would get ugly.

I know the schedules are pretty much set for this year, but with Rankin gone, will Riverdale step up in the future and play a team like MBA in the regular season?

Step up? Although I do not oppose private and public schools playing one another, I do find it amusing that you would call this stepping up. It is conceited atttitudes like this which turn public school people off on the private schools.

Step up? Although I do not oppose private and public schools playing one another, I do find it amusing that you would call this stepping up. It is conceited atttitudes like this which turn public school people off on the private schools.

Bdogg, it is a pretty well known fact that Rankin has refused to schedule MBA in a regular season game. They scrimmage each other every year but Rankin would never put them on the schedule. Do you honestly think MBA would rather fly to FL or drive to Louisville than play right down the road? Get real.