Morgan County

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some of the top players from the county and will any of the four teams battle for the region title or playoff spot?

In my opinion, the Davis kid from Coalfield is probably the top player in the county, along with Thompson from Sunbright. I firmly believe that both Coalfield and Sunbright have the potential to play for region championships and advance further. As a Wartburg alumni and former bulldog player from "back in the day," I would like to see the dogs do well this coming season, but untill some changes are made somewhere, I just don't see it......

Who are some of the top players from the county and will any of the four teams battle for the region title or playoff spot?

In my opinion, the Davis kid from Coalfield is probably the top player in the county, along with Thompson from Sunbright. I firmly believe that both Coalfield and Sunbright have the potential to play for region championships and advance further. As a Wartburg alumni and former bulldog player from "back in the day," I would like to see the dogs do well this coming season, but untill some changes are made somewhere, I just don't see it......

I love the smell of popcorn burning in the fall. :thumb:

I'm sure he has one and will give it when he gets caught up catchin' criminals with Matt.

CYJacket, I loved your "popcorn" quip- that was darn near poetic! Course you're like me; you live for the "sounds and sights" of fall, there's just nothing like it! Lately you Coalfield folks have a lot to cheer about, too! But hey, that's cool. As a former Wartburg player, I have the utmost respect for Coach Kries and the 1A power he's built down there. I remember too well the hard hitting battles against the Jackets(used to love walking down that little hill with all the young Coalfield kids booing us, throwing gravel,etc.lol!) I look forward to the clash again this year... only wish it was a little more competitive! Anyway, good luck this year- you all, Sunbright, and Harriman should make that region interesting!