CAK v. Knox Catholic

Hoya

Finals of Region 2 semi-final matches:

Knox Catholic (4) v. Carter (0)

CAK (2) v. Alcoa (0)

Round 3 between CAK and Catholic will be played Thrusday night at 7:00 pm at Knox Catholic for the A/AA Region 2 Championship. This should be a great game.

Go Irish! :ph34r:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game. Catholic is coming out after their last victory over CAK and will play hard and intense, as they always do. CAK should also come out hard in order to not have the same result as last time. Both teams had good semi-final performances and hopefully will both carry that momentum into Thursday night's game. Best of luck to both teams.

Edited by ah20

Props to Alcoa for giving us a great game. You guys played with such heart and passion. Good luck next season, I know most of your lineup will be back (including that keeper of yours that played amazing!) Great job coach Gorman and Fowler. You really had those boys playing!

Thanks G, my hats off to CAK, what a classy team that played a great game and looks poised for another run. Good luck the rest of the way, we'll be there to support you guys. Can't wait for another round of this match up of two great teams that could turn out to be a preview of another game at the end of may.

Well G, how do you feel about round three? I seriously know you possess enough class and poise to not provide your opponent bulletin board material, but I was interested to hear your non-media thoughts. You can wait until the game is concluded if you want, as I know your gonna be cautious with your thoughts. I have not had the luxury of seeing your side play, but my sources inform me that there is plenty of skill on your club. Is the loser tonight finished? You both should be representing East Tennessee at the State, seeing you both have been unstoppable over here. G'Luck, Mate!

:unsure: Kaz :P

Well G, how do you feel about round three? I seriously know you possess enough class and poise to not provide your opponent bulletin board material, but I was interested to hear your non-media thoughts. You can wait until the game is concluded if you want, as I know your gonna be cautious with your thoughts. I have not had the luxury of seeing your side play, but my sources inform me that there is plenty of skill on your club. Is the loser tonight finished? You both should be representing East Tennessee at the State, seeing you both have been unstoppable over here. G'Luck, Mate!

:unsure: Kaz :P

Well... I am glad that this is not a "do or die" senario, since both of us will move on against Elizabethton or Pigeon Forge. I think we had a harder game than they did in region semis, but we also have that bad taste of the loss from the last time. I think that at their best, our two teams are about as even as you can get. Each team has slightly different talents in different areas, and it will come down to how those talents play that night. That #8 on Catholic abused us last game. He was the shortest guy on the field, and he was winning all the 50-50 balls, and almost scored on a header! What a great player.

I hope the wind won't be a factor Thursday night either... it was blowing pretty strong in districts.

We are looking forward to a great game, my only concern is injuries for both teams. I don't want anyone getting hurt before sectionals.

yea that #8 is a fiesty little player, and he's only a freshman. I was at the game last week between these two, and yea it really was a very even game, especially the first half. I'm looking forward to seeing another great game on thursday. I would love to see Catholic pull it off again, but its always tough to play a team this many times in a season. Good luck to both, and like G said, its a good thing this isn't do or die.

CAK will be coming out to avoid another outcome like last week. However, I believe if Catholic plays like they did last friday they will be victorious again. Should be another good one. Good luck to both teams. Go Irish. 101 out.

every time you play or beat a team it gets harder to beat them a second time in a row... CAK 1-0