will TC keep dominating 1-A

ha ha you make me laugh. let us say that a football team is like a person. the coach is always the head and the overall talent is the body and the dominant players and leaders are the legs and arms. TC has lost its arms and legs. there is no way that they can dominate like they did last year. i admit last year they were the best team but this year i don't even think they will be in the top five or maybe even ten. if your thinking of a repeat dream on.

ACTUALLY.......... if a football team was like a person then everybody would be on a even playing field cause no one would have any arms or legs after two years. teams like riverdale or any one else who lost a head coach would have to cancel their entire football program because the body would die without the central nervous system to run the torso, i guess, cause they wouldn't have any arms or legs either, and teams like Alcoa who just had a brain transplant would more than likely die altogether. to tell the truth all programs would be doomed after graduating their first few senior classes therefore, leaving no football teams in the state or nation for that matter. football would become a thing of the past in less than five yrs even on a professional level. a better example would be to say that a football team is more like a starfish. while the starfish can grow and develope like any other creature it also has the amazing ability of being able to regenerate lost appendages that are bitten off or damaged by the starfish's natural preditors. you see in this likeness a high school football team can loose players because of it's natural enemy..."eligibilty" but these losses can be regenerated with upcoming players from junior high and players that have been developing on scout teams and second string, and altough some won't come back as strong as the one's they replace other appendages have grown and become stronger to compensate for the new one's weakness's. also, who's to say these new arms may not grow back even stronger than the originals given time, which often happens. now that might explain to you how some teams tend to be good year after year even though, by your reasoning, they loose key players (arms and legs) every year. it's kinda like evolution, only true. your silly analogy humors me greatly :rolleyes::blink::(

Edited by snoball5278

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friendship's been talking about how they're gonna beat TC for years!

They haven't done it yet. I wanna see it done,until then I'll keep going with TC.They've proven it over & over again.

If or when TC goes to 2-A they'le compete there too,even with Alcoa.

Thing is,with the way Blount County is booming I don't see how there's any way Alcoa will stay 2-A.Their school's got to be growing just like Maryville,Heratige & WB.

THE SQUAD :)

Over the past 8 years or so ... FCS has only talking about wanting to beat TC for 1 of those years ... since TC dodged all the privates by jumping classes! :thumb:

I,ll make you stop laughing, I,m not even a Trousdale fan. I just give respect where respect is due. They will still have plenty of body parts to compete with anyone in 1a. I doubt they will be as dominate and could very well lose to someone in the playoffs, but if they do ,it will be to one of the best teams in 1a.

i'm not saying they won't win any and they won't compete because they will but these people who think that they will win 12 to 13 games again are completely insane. i will give TC this they have one of the best coaches in high school i have ever seen absolutely brilliant. but i don't think they will be "dominant" again they have just lost to much

ACTUALLY.......... if a football team was like a person then everybody would be on a even playing field cause no one would have any arms or legs after two years. teams like riverdale or any one else who lost a head coach would have to cancel their entire football program because the body would die without the central nervous system to run the torso, i guess, cause they wouldn't have any arms or legs either, and teams like Alcoa who just had a brain transplant would more than likely die altogether. to tell the truth all programs would be doomed after graduating their first few senior classes therefore, leaving no football teams in the state or nation for that matter. football would become a thing of the past in less than five yrs even on a professional level. a better example would be to say that a football team is more like a starfish. while the starfish can grow and develope like any other creature it also has the amazing ability of being able to regenerate lost appendages that are bitten off or damaged by the starfish's natural preditors. you see in this likeness a high school football team can loose players because of it's natural enemy..."eligibilty" but these losses can be regenerated with upcoming players from junior high and players that have been developing on scout teams and second string, and altough some won't come back as strong as the one's they replace other appendages have grown and become stronger to compensate for the new one's weakness's. also, who's to say these new arms may not grow back even stronger than the originals given time, which often happens. now that might explain to you how some teams tend to be good year after year even though, by your reasoning, they loose key players (arms and legs) every year. it's kinda like evolution, only true. your silly analogy humors me greatly B):thumb::)

you are just being stupid. usually teams have only a few starting seniors on the first string which allows the underclassmen to mature into dominant players and to see what leadership on the field is really like. TC did not have that over half of their team was seniors and i would hardly call sending the second team in against a completely devestated team that has already given up getting experience on being a dominant player and seeing what leadership truly is. although your asexual reproduction theory on football is a more appropriate demonstration than mine i still say that loosing these seniors took a huge chunk off of the "starfish" that will take at least this season to rebuild, however i would not be surprised to see another championship team out of TC in 2007 if they are still in 1A. TC will rebuild their arms and legs but they won't have near the power they had last year.

I will give credit to LA they were the cinderella team and did win state. But I still think Trousdale could of won in 1a 2a and 3a and I am not a Trousdale fan {Hampton Bulldogs #1}

umm I very highly doub that TC would have beaten Davidlipcomb last year let alone LA in state!! and Alcoa was the 2a state champs(ofcourse) TC wouldnt have gotten close to beating Alcoa it would have been a horrible game right??? it was bad enough Alcoa beating Goodpasture the way they did which is a private school TC wouldnt have stood a chance in the 2a state game!! but may have in 3a idk!! but thats my opinion!

TC may not be as dominant as last yr but they will contend...i mean its trousdale county maybe some of u ppl aint been in tennessee long enough to know that trousdale county is a respected name in the 3 lower classes...ppl dont wanna play them some nights....TC is one of the most respected names in the state along wit Satterfield i mean come on guys look at this teams history kids want to play for TC and they may have last tons of seniors but the will rebuild like they have evry yr...i mean when a team has a shirt that says ''HEY 1-A FOOTBALL'' on the front and ''WE'RE BACK'' on the back u know that they r good and it aint juss a one yr thing...they may not make it to state but they will contend they always do

you are just being stupid. usually teams have only a few starting seniors on the first string which allows the underclassmen to mature into dominant players and to see what leadership on the field is really like. TC did not have that over half of their team was seniors and i would hardly call sending the second team in against a completely devestated team that has already given up getting experience on being a dominant player and seeing what leadership truly is. although your asexual reproduction theory on football is a more appropriate demonstration than mine i still say that loosing these seniors took a huge chunk off of the "starfish" that will take at least this season to rebuild, however i would not be surprised to see another championship team out of TC in 2007 if they are still in 1A. TC will rebuild their arms and legs but they won't have near the power they had last year.

you consider me being stupid why? for offering a better analogy? for explaining the developement of underclassmen? Trousdale's underclassmen and 2nd string get more "on field" experience than most other teams across the state. that translates into 1st hand experience on the field in real game situations. playing time like that is extremly valuable and a luxury that most teams never get. also, it allows those younger players to develope that true leadership on their own while playing with the same underclassmen that will be sr.'s when they are. in actuallity it also allows that group of kids to develope as a collective unit, which may be even more valuable in the long run. it also gives coaches better insights to which individual players develope more quickly and brings to the forefront those who excel and show the signs and tendencies to be future leaders on the team. yes while a large chunk of the "starfish" has been removed rest assured it is rebuilding and attitudes like yours is exactly what clint hopes others are thinking. finally, very few (but some) starfish are asexual, the vast majority reproduce by making sweet, sweet love. asexual is when a being is bisected, and two different individuals are formed. most starfish have their vital organs in the proximal portion of their bodies which would disallow a removed appendage to survive on it's own. anyways, i wasn't talking about asexual reproduction of the starfish, i was talking about the regeneration of lost limbs. :( where did you come up with that? :(

Edited by snoball5278

you consider me being stupid why? for offering a better analogy? for explaining the developement of underclassmen? Trousdale's underclassmen and 2nd string get more "on field" experience than most other teams across the state. that translates into 1st hand experience on the field in real game situations. playing time like that is extremly valuable and a luxury that most teams never get. also, it allows those younger players to develope that true leadership on their own while playing with the same underclassmen that will be sr.'s when they are. in actuallity it also allows that group of kids to develope as a collective unit, which may be even more valuable in the long run. it also gives coaches better insights to which individual players develope more quickly and brings to the forefront those who excel and show the signs and tendencies to be future leaders on the team. yes while a large chunk of the "starfish" has been removed rest assured it is rebuilding and attitudes like yours is exactly what clint hopes others are thinking. finally, very few (but some) starfish are asexual, the vast majority reproduce by making sweet, sweet love. asexual is when a being is bisected, and two different individuals are formed. most starfish have their vital organs in the proximal portion of their bodies which would disallow a removed appendage to survive on it's own. anyways, i wasn't talking about asexual reproduction of the starfish, i was talking about the regeneration of lost limbs. :) where did you come up with that? :(

lets not get into a batlle of wits here because it is obvious that we are both very intelligent. no matter what analogy we use it is certain that TC will not be as good as they were last year but that does not doom them to a fate of defeat. with a brilliant coach such as theirs they could win just as many games as they did last year even if their level of talent is lowered. however during the playoffs when they face superior teams i do not think that even satterfields wisdom will be able to save them. spin it like you want but i do thing that we can agree on the fact that they lost a lot and that will be very difficult if not impossible to recover from in a single season. looking forward to your reply :)

lets not get into a batlle of wits here because it is obvious that we are both very intelligent. no matter what analogy we use it is certain that TC will not be as good as they were last year but that does not doom them to a fate of defeat. with a brilliant coach such as theirs they could win just as many games as they did last year even if their level of talent is lowered. however during the playoffs when they face superior teams i do not think that even satterfields wisdom will be able to save them. spin it like you want but i do thing that we can agree on the fact that they lost a lot and that will be very difficult if not impossible to recover from in a single season. looking forward to your reply :lol:

i agree. altough i would say trousdale's chance at a repeat is improbable, but not impossible. :lol: