Spring Pratice around Knoxville

had to comment on some of the things said:

FBE is correct and the job is Coach Helton's until he decides to step down. That won't be this coming year, though. He'll be back.

In my opinion, West would be a tougher place to coach. Ftn City is a defined neighborhood. West is much more of a hodge-podge of areas and the socio-economic differences are much greater.

Finally, Lonsdale is not in the CHS zone. Central will get an occasional player from there that transfers in, but they are few and far between.

O.K., What ever,

How many of Central's "players" would be at Central if they were a "closed" zone?

When Rule closed, where did the players go?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I havent commented on the Central issue as I was waiting for things to pan out at the fieldhouse. The bottom line is Coach Helton did consider very seriously retiring from coaching, for whatever reasons I dont Know nor do I care. Joel is a good coach and much liked by his players and parents and Im glad he has decided to stay. On the other hand Coach Mcmillan is also an excellent Coach, and I wouldnt believe the rumors in regards to parents refusing for there kids to play for him, mine would certainly line up for Coach Mac.

In regards to the Cruze issue, the kid will probably end up at Powell, and if so I wish him the best of luck, he will be missed but Central should continue their successful run on the field with or without Cruze.

The Cats actually looked fairly sharp in the AE scrimmage, the revamped O-line played fair together, and rising sophomore TB Jamie Wilson is going to be a special player, this kid is tenaciuos running the rock. Clark McMillan played well at QB handling the offense and making good decisions under center. At reciever look for Jermaine Kirkland to be a player, he could become a T. Scott, Shavar Young type playmaker. Michael Nelson also returns at wideout and this kid is a player.

Overall Central will be rebuilt offensively into what may be the most balanced team offensively weve seen in a while on the hill. this team just needs experiece playing together, and if I were an opponent of the Cats I would hope to catch them early in the season as they will only get better over time.

Defensively Mac always puts a strong team on the field and with his returning players that shouldnt change in 06.

The Red and Black game will take place on Tuesday May, 23 at 7:00PM.

Central has some weapons but not enough to beat Maryville, first of all they should've tried to hold on to Jock Stinson that now starts QB at Fulton and was going to Central, he would've really filled the job at QB after a incredible year he had this year, plus he's a rising sophmore and he's good friends with Jamie Wilson and that would've killed it in the backfield with Helton's option style playbook and both of these boys can fly...I heard that Stinson would've went to Central but his uncle and cousins Travis and Demarcus dixon that are central legends told him not to because they knew Helton time was bout up and they didnt want him over there because coach McMillan would play his son over him with Helton gone

Rule closed how many years ago? I don't think that's relavent anymore.

Second, as I said in my prior post, over the last couple of years, the majority of starters were from the CHS zone. It is also important to say that Central has also lost some kids to transfers to other schools that would have been contributors. This is not just a one way street.

The Cats actually looked fairly sharp in the AE scrimmage, the revamped O-line played fair together, and rising sophomore TB Jamie Wilson is going to be a special player, this kid is tenaciuos running the rock. Clark McMillan played well at QB handling the offense and making good decisions under center. At reciever look for Jermaine Kirkland to be a player, he could become a T. Scott, Shavar Young type playmaker. Michael Nelson also returns at wideout and this kid is a player.

The Red and Black game will take place on Tuesday May, 23 at 7:00PM.

Sounds like you guys have just reloaded with some talented youth and will give Maryville another run for there money. :thumb:

I think Halls will surprise again after what I saw last friday nite. I was blown away with their passing attack and the different formations that they ran. I'm trying to keep it perpective of who they scrimmaged but still they looked sharp for a young inexperienced team.

Sounds like you guys have just reloaded with some talented youth and will give Maryville another run for there money. :lol:

I think Halls will surprise again after what I saw last friday nite. I was blown away with their passing attack and the different formations that they ran. I'm trying to keep it perpective of who they scrimmaged but still they looked sharp for a young inexperienced team.

Who did Halls scrimmage on Friday, ZCar?

Thanks.

It was at Campbell County. Like I said on the Halls thread it wasn't a opponent like the caliber of Dobyns Bennett but the offense seems to opening up even more than last year. Maybe Coach Ward is testing the waters for just the spring but the execution looked great.

This year the new QB Cooper has a height advantage over last years QB Lucas he is tall about 6'5" and can see the field and hit a secondary receiver if necessary. The tight end was used a few times but believe it or not Halls actually ran a three receiver set. The best completion was to Seth McGhee who beat three DBs to haul in a great catch after Cooper had to scramble after his primary receiver was covered. In fact after Cooper misfired on his first couple of passes he got into a groove and had 10 to 12 completions before the first team offense was removed.