16U State Tournament

In the end all I have to say is Pride 40 to Flight 5. All I hear every where I go is how Flight has the officials on there side and it makes me sick due to all our teams do is go out and play. In the end all the talk seem to get in the refs head to due to when you have a championship game and Pride shoots 40 FT's and Flight shoots 5. Cumberland could come close to beating the Lady Vols if this happen in there favor and it shows in the end due to even having this wide difference. As bad of a difference there was in fouls we still gave the game away due to having the game in hand for 35 minutes. Our coaches will correct this problem and get Flight Navy ready for this coming weekend in Ohio and the whole month of July. Good Luck to all teams in the coming month of July.

Set a Virp it is due to competition and there was none there.

Sounds like loser talk and excuses wrapped into a backhanded compliment.

A person can make the stats say anything they want but the reality of it is the Flight took jump shots the whole game and Pride penetrated and drew fouls on the slower Flight team. 8 of the FT's were in the last minute of the game when Flight had to foul.

Flight's coaches never made an adjustment to change how the game was played and were satisfied to shoot 3's the whole game.

Jimbo44 was there he can verify the facts.

Since in the shoe tournaments nobody cares who wins and its all about the exposure the Flight will do OK.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showtime 7 How many times did you watch Amy McNair and the Memphis Elite play to deduce that she was the best player in the tournamnet? What made her so great in your opinion? I heard the first game was the only good game that the Memphis Elite played. What did you think?

Sounds like loser talk and excuses wrapped into a backhanded compliment.

A person can make the stats say anything they want but the reality of it is the Flight took jump shots the whole game and Pride penetrated and drew fouls on the slower Flight team. 8 of the FT's were in the last minute of the game when Flight had to foul.

Flight's coaches never made an adjustment to change how the game was played and were satisfied to shoot 3's the whole game.

Jimbo44 was there he can verify the facts.

Since in the shoe tournaments nobody cares who wins and its all about the exposure the Flight will do OK.

i would say that too many chiefs and not enough indians. sounds to me that they didn't have enough basketballs to go around and with the way the team was constructed, too many shooters. If the assessment was correct, did not have the experience and the focus to win a big game. not surprising Pride won because the way they have been coached for a number of years, they can wear a team like that out. may not be as good as some but much smarter than most and will beat you.

Showtime 7 How many times did you watch Amy McNair and the Memphis Elite play to deduce that she was the best player in the tournamnet? What made her so great in your opinion? I heard the first game was the only good game that the Memphis Elite played. What did you think?

I watched the Memphis Elite every time they played and each game I was impressed with Amy McNear. She a heady player that can play either the one or the two, she can shoot the three and take you to the basket. I like other players in the tournament also like Tierney Jenkins and Dawn Evans of Pride, Lateria Owens of TN Lady Colts, kid from Milan that plays for the Wings, and of course my Flight Navy girls. I am just stating that I liked Amy McNear this weekend alot and no matter what her team did she was the best prospect of the weekend.

It is obvious that you know nothing about the tournament that my teams attend. It is just not the Tennessee Flight not attending AAU Nationals. The Indiana The Family program took the first three places at the Indiana state tournament this past weekend with the Family N team winning and two sister programs Soliders and Panthers coming in second and third. NONE of the three are attending AAU Natioanls due to playing in Nike events.

I am not making any excuses but just stating that we should have won the game. The Flight Navy team no one expected them to do anything at the state tournament but that didn't happen. They showed that they were the better team even though the scoreboard didn't show it at the end and I know that is all that matters. Like it or not but the Flight has the best two 16 under teams in the state. The coaching coment that you had really made me laugh :thumb::D

I think the key to these statements is you heard but Showtime saw. Amy is a tremendous talent and one thing I will say about the Flight is they know talent when they see it, even when they aren't playing for their teams. Many of these teams including the Elite were missing players, but I would agree with the assessment that the Flight Silver is in a category above the teams I saw last weekend. The talent was pretty even on the teams at states, which explains how Pride got beat handily by us, yet in the end won the tournament, and we didn't get out of pool.