AA Sectionals

RHS25

At every game, umpires make "bad calls". Do both teams ever agree with the strike zone being called? If you get the call, you don't think it was bad, if you don't get the call, you think it was bad. Deal with it, it's part of the game whether it's 8u, 10u, hs, college, pro, etc. Unfortunaely, TSSAA only requires 2 per game, so they are not able to see evrything. If more were provided, it would cost us all more money, giving us something else to complain about. Be happy that you kid is playing and encourage them deal with adversity.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At every game, umpires make "bad calls". Do both teams ever agree with the strike zone being called? If you get the call, you don't think it was bad, if you don't get the call, you think it was bad. Deal with it, it's part of the game whether it's 8u, 10u, hs, college, pro, etc. Unfortunaely, TSSAA only requires 2 per game, so they are not able to see evrything. If more were provided, it would cost us all more money, giving us something else to complain about. Be happy that you kid is playing and encourage them deal with adversity.

:blink:

You are right !!! Not everyone likes the strike zone or something, But by reading last year and this year it looks to me like all Unicoi's "and I repeat Unicoi's only" big games seem to have a judgement call from a Umpire to win the game,a game should not always end like that !!! obviously something is wrong when it happens every big game "and expecially when all those games have been at Unicoi Co"

We will have to wait Until Saturday to see which team will prevail. If they have not home cookin I now whom will prevail.......

:blink:

You are right !!! Not everyone likes the strike zone or something, But by reading last year and this year it looks to me like all Unicoi's "and I repeat Unicoi's only" big games seem to have a judgement call from a Umpire to win the game,a game should not always end like that !!! obviously something is wrong when it happens every big game "and expecially when all those games have been at Unicoi Co"

We will have to wait Until Saturday to see which team will prevail. If they have not home cookin I now whom will prevail.......

Just so you know all of those games have not been in Unicoi.... And so you know this the empires that where there yesterday one was from down morristown and the other a grad. from Alcoa not sure of the year didn't ask.... Dont start home cookin.... The team that comes to play and has no mistakes will win.... Good luck to both teams....

Just so you know all of those games have not been in Unicoi.... And so you know this the empires that where there yesterday one was from down morristown and the other a grad. from Alcoa not sure of the year didn't ask.... Dont start home cookin.... The team that comes to play and has no mistakes will win.... Good luck to both teams....

Again I do not now anyone from either team, I have just been reading the web site....

Both teams should play their hearts out/ and honestly want it whom ever that will be will prevail and be in Murfreesboro on Tuesday "even if they are the first team to go home"

Again I do not now anyone from either team, I have just been reading the web site....

Both teams should play their hearts out/ and honestly want it whom ever that will be will prevail and be in Murfreesboro on Tuesday "even if they are the first team to go home"

At least they went.... I'm not taking anything away from either team they both have good defence,offence and pitching.... Should be a good game if it stays between the girls....

In any and all games I have seen this year, the players from Unicoi have ALWAYS played their heart out, as have the opposing teams'. Any time two good teams play each other the score is going to be close and most often it is going to come down to who makes the plays and who doesn't, who hits and who doesn't, and who stays up the most. No matter who wins, every team member gives everything they can. A team has to win and a team has to lose. Why then are you people trying to take away from this team's achievements by saying it was given to them? They would have had to earn the win for it to come down to one call being made that fans claim would go for one team or another. THEY HAD TO EARN IT TO BE IN THAT POSITION. You say you don't know the girls and that they play hard and seem to be a good group, then please explain why you are taking their success and saying it has been tainted? How do you think the players feel when they read this? And believe me, they read it. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This a game played by teenaged girls in high school. Like I said, one team wins and one loses. If you say the only reason one team won is because the umpire made a bad call, then the other team (whom you feel deserved the win) should have made it obvious they deserved it by not placing themselves in a situation where one call could decide their fate.

Edited by hard_ball1

In any and all games I have seen this year, the players from Unicoi have ALWAYS played their heart out, as have the opposing teams'. Any time two good teams play each other the score is going to be close and most often it is going to come down to who makes the plays and who doesn't, who hits and who doesn't, and who stays up the most. No matter who wins, every team member gives everything they can. A team has to win and a team has to lose. Why then are you people trying to take away from this team's achievements by saying it was given to them? They would have had to earn the win for it to come down to one call being made that fans claim would go for one team or another. THEY HAD TO EARN IT TO BE IN THAT POSITION. You say you don't know the girls and that they play hard and seem to be a good group, then please explain why you are taking their success and saying it has been tainted? How do you think the players feel when they read this? And believe me, they read it. You should be ashamed of yourselves. This a game played by teenaged girls in high school. Like I said, one team wins and one loses. If you say the only reason one team won is because the umpire made a bad call, then the other team (whom you feel deserved the win) should have made it obvious they deserved it by not placing themselves in a situation where one call could decide their fate.

Hard_ball1, you are exactly right. It was not my intention, when I made the statement the game was "tainted", to in any way insinuate that the UCHS Lady Eagles played anything but a superb game. They played a great game. However, even a good clean glass of crystal clear, cold, sweet water can be "tainted" if something rotten is added to the glass. That was my statement. I meant in no way to insult the Lady Devils. So, if any of the Lady Devils are reading - listening in, I apologize to you. Everyone else, it's over, game won, State coming up. I'm sure we will meet there next week

You know, softballmom, I hate to say it, but if I were a teenage girl playing softball and knew that my mother was writing such things about another team, school, or community, I would not only be embarassed, but I would be ashamed.

Parents, sometimes we have to take a step away from our normal view points and think what kind of example we are setting for our kids.