D II State

godawgsblue

These guys go to weekend tournaments and only play one match a day?

Like enall said, it has been this way for years. Maybe it is a problem but it needs to be dealt with in the off-season not by parents after their kid gets a cramp and is dehydrated.

They knew what the weather was going to be and they knew the format and the knew it would be outside. Did the Baylor training staff recommend hydration the day before? How about some bananas?

Still sounds like sour grapes to me but I am not a parent of a high school athlete and maybe if my kid was supposed to win and didn't, I would feel the same way.

If they play dbls or singles they will play two matches on Thursday as well. (assuming they win)

Leave it to Baylor's parents to cheapen a well deserved McCallie win.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Cutters. That match was not about who was the better team... It was about who didn't cramp haha as bad as that sounds. I think we all agree that if it was played on a different day, Baylor would have won. With that said though, McCallie is the 2006 DII state champions and congrats to them. By the way cutters, congrats on the state championship. Well done. I've got to admit, after seeing you all play Bearden in Murfeesboro about a month ago I didn't think you all had it in you to win state, but you definitely proved me wrong. You all obviously took that loss to Bearden as way to get better, and you obviously got better. Congrats and good luck next year. I hope we can do that thing in Murfeesboro like we did this year, except I hope it won't rain this time.

i agree Baylor woulda won probably but you have to hand it to McCallie for showing up at the right time

i agree Baylor woulda won probably but you have to hand it to McCallie for showing up at the right time

O yeah definitely. As I said, I congratulate McCallie and they are the 2006 DII state champs, hands down. They won it fair and square. It is not there fault the draw fell how it did and Baylor cramped up.

O yeah definitely. As I said, I congratulate McCallie and they are the 2006 DII state champs, hands down. They won it fair and square. It is not there fault the draw fell how it did and Baylor cramped up.

yeah both teams played in the same conditions and mcCallie came out and played well it looks like

Two years ago McCallie got the lousy draw. They played an excellent MBA team in a 3+ hour match. MUS caught a down Baylor team and took care of them in less than an hour. Instead of two days, seeding the teams might have reduced the whining from Baylor parents. Oh, wait a minute, nothing reduces whining from Baylor parents!