New NCAA Proposal to Shorten Halftimes

SemperFiBlue

Very interesting. I obviously don't see this happening, but stranger things have come about. A shortening of halftime could force more college marching bands to play their traditional halftime shows at the beginning or end of a college football game or they could elect to play a 5 and a half minute show as a opposed to the original 8-minute show.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...0160.xml&coll=2

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. I obviously don't see this happening, but stranger things have come about. A shortening of halftime could force more college marching bands to play their traditional halftime shows at the beginning or end of a college football game or they could elect to play a 5 and a half minute show as a opposed to the original 8-minute show.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...0160.xml&coll=2

That is so wrong... :) Surely it won't happen!

From what I have heard since the story first broke I believe the NCAA approved legislation allowing schools to either lengthen or shorten halftimes at the discretion of the school.

Now that's silly. I like it at the length it is now, but if they're going to change it, I'd rather see them make it shorter (I know, please forgive me if you can) than to let the length be up to the school. Whatever it is, make it uniform; don't leave it up to the school.

it should definately not be up tp the schools. that would ruine everything. for that matter why dont you let the lenght of each auarter be yup to the school too?

Yup eye deafanatelee think taht teh haftim leenth shuld not be left up too teh skools...... B).....lol.....

Edited by defender25

it should definately not be up tp the schools. that would ruine everything. for that matter why dont you let the lenght of each auarter be yup to the school too?

I know you were being sarcastic, but come on here. That is comparing two completely different elements. One has an effect on the outcome, one affects half-time for five minutes. I think it should be standard, and I won't really lose any sleep if they cut it. The bands will just have to shorten their shows, no big deal.

mmmmmmmm NO! there is no way that we are going to shorten our shows. if this was to happen we would probbly have apoint in our competition show that we cut off and leave the field. our shouws are already short. anyshorter and there is no point in doing it at all for football games.

Maybe you wouldn't want it to be shorter, but there would be a point in doing it.

• 3 weeks later...