Science Hill Vs. Farragut

fanatic55

As much as this had controversy over it, I won't let it get ugly on this thread. Farragut, congrats, but keep your posts classy please.

I removed GO ADS posts. He is currently on his third user name in three days. Once he proves over a period of time, on his original name, that he can post with a little class then he will be taken off moderator preview.

If there are any problems that you need help with then let me know.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle down people.. SH has all rights to schedule this game, but as far as sportmanship goes, things can be work out. No need to start targeting our coach and program with words. We've agree to play the game at 10:00 AM. Great News huh!! Now lets go play :)

You agreed????? I understand the state set the time because you r coach would not back off the time. You were the winner and did deserve to set the time, but not keep Farragut from attending graduation if there was other times.

Chizaggi, You have been a good poster, and I am sorry you lost but now your players can attend their graduation

Yeah Backstrom got fouled for two PKs by the same player (probably frustration). The second was a cheap and dirty foul. It deserved a red but the player only got a yellow. Science Hill had 5 direct and indirect kicks within 5 yards of the 18. The one they scored on was an indirect kick inside the box. Their other goal was off a pk by Eddie Yah.

Acutually to correct myself, i was informed by someone that a member of the local newspaper in Johnson City counted 15 direct or indirect kicks for Science Hill near or in the box.

It sounds like the game wasn't a game at all and was a contest of who could hit who the hardest. I hate games like these, were soccer is just thrown out the window.

Congrats Farragut and good luck in state.

I wouldn't say there wasn't soccer played today. I didn't have a horse in this race - just wanted to see the game since I live in Johnson City (ok I was quietly routing for SH since they beat my favorite team) but I would say it was two teams trying very hard to win. I had never seen Farragut play before but I feel they played an excellent game very pretty soccer but they were also able to play it physical with SH. I was really impressed with them. Sorry SH but I do think they were the better team today.

Congrats to Farragut. Your graduation tonight will be all the more sweet.

Also congrats to Science Hill on a great season.

I heard the game was an exciting one, and i was more than extatic to hear that Farragut showed that they are still around in High School soccer contentions. As for my prior posts about these two teams; regular season is one thing and tournament time is another. This game was the one that needed to be won, and Farragut did just that. Way to go Ads, and good luck to SH next season.

As for Tin-Man's post about not liking hard-hitting matches....I always saw you as a very physical, scrappy, rough, but still skilled player. I viewed you as someone who brought the physical aspect to the game more than others, but that isnt a bad thing. I love when games get physical and become rougher....I just was suprised to see that you put that you didnt like these games.

I wouldn't say there wasn't soccer played today. I didn't have a horse in this race - just wanted to see the game since I live in Johnson City (ok I was quietly routing for SH since they beat my favorite team) but I would say it was two teams trying very hard to win. I had never seen Farragut play before but I feel they played an excellent game very pretty soccer but they were also able to play it physical with SH. I was really impressed with them. Sorry SH but I do think they were the better team today.

Congrats to Farragut. Your graduation tonight will be all the more sweet.

Also congrats to Science Hill on a great season.

I agree 100%

Acutually to correct myself, i was informed by someone that a member of the local newspaper in Johnson City counted 15 direct or indirect kicks for Science Hill near or in the box.

You might want to correct yourself again, cause from what I heard, Eddie's first goal on the indirect kick wasn't from in the 18 yard box. And now that you guys have make SH look like a team that play dirty on this site, I wonder how they got those 15 direct or indirect kicks you are talking about?

You might want to correct yourself again, cause from what I heard, Eddie's first goal on the indirect kick wasn't from in the 18 yard box. And now that you guys have make SH look like a team that play dirty on this site, I wonder how they got those 15 direct or indirect kicks you are talking about?

We knew going down there we weren't going to get much in the way of the refereeing, but I must say the official did a very good job keeping both teams' players in check. Both PKs for us, and SH's PK were legitimate calls, neither team contested those due to the fact that they were PK worthy.

Every bump or semi-collision outside of our box a free kick was called. Marques is NOT exaggerating when he says there were atleast 15 free kicks 1-5 yards outside our 18. Anything on SH's end was 'play on' according to the ref. Eddie's shot was beautifuly placed, and it was taken I'd say at the 20 or 21.

It was a tough game to ref, and there were some questionable calls, but all in all he did the best he could and that's all you can ask.