Marion County High School

Bill#49

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS ... BREAKING NEWS

Short biography of Marion County's new head football coach. If we can pay him enough.

New Coach

:thumb:

Bill#49: My West TN connections tell me your correct. Marion Co did not have enough $$$ to get who they offered the job to so he will stay in West TN another year. Being up here in Lookout Valley who knows. Rumors say the money was not there so DB turned it down. That may be a good thing. I was told that JCS's head coach resigned Friday and was looking at a possible move to Lake County. What now??? It is almost time to turn on those Friday night lights so coaches needs to get in place and focus on the up coming season or they may just get to hang up the shoulder pads early.

Bill#49: My West TN connections tell me your correct. Marion Co did not have enough $$$ to get who they offered the job to so he will stay in West TN another year. Being up here in Lookout Valley who knows. Rumors say the money was not there so DB turned it down. That may be a good thing. I was told that JCS's head coach resigned Friday and was looking at a possible move to Lake County. What now??? It is almost time to turn on those Friday night lights so coaches needs to get in place and focus on the up coming season or they may just get to hang up the shoulder pads early.

I think that Mrs. Prince is doing a very thorough job of searching for the right coach. I wish the hire could have been made faster but sometimes when you want to speed up it is better to slow down and analyze the situation. Either way I think the administration is doing a very good job under very trying circumstances. All of this could have been avoided if the previous head coach could have left a little sooner then late May. :thumb:

Edited by Bill#49

I think that Mrs. Prince is doing a very thorough job of searching for the right coach. I wish the hire could have been made faster but sometimes when you want to speed up it is better to slow down and analyze the situation. Either way I think the administration is doing a very good job under very trying circumstances. All of this could have been avoided if the previous head coach could have left a little sooner then late May. :o

It's ashame that Junior Hale and his shopping bag ain't still around. The man no doubt supported the Warriors!

Well this afternoon I got word from a very reliable source that Jason Evans was named the new head coach. I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm pretty sure it's true.

Chattanooga Times Free Press confirms Jason Evans has been named the new head coach at Mation County. Just talked with Jason a few minutes ago to congratulate him on the new position. I've known him for years and he is by far the happiest he's ever been. Congrats! :ph34r:

I think Jason Evans should do a great job. He obviously knows a lot about the game from having played and coached under Coach Colquette. You can tell he really wants this job because he could have had a job at Rome where he would have more than likely made more money and he's also going to be glad to be back to his alma mater.