Marion County High School

Bill#49

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, any news from Jasper today? Are all the interviews completed?

Interviews are finishing up today. I believe this will make 6 people who have interviewed. Any one of the five would be a good head head coach so the administration has their hands full with making a decision. I believe three are very top notch. These are the three that will be passed on to Dr. Taylor to make the ultimate decision.

Any of the three will move to Jasper and make a home there. The program will be in good shape and I believe the one that is picked will give us the stability we need. They will not be leaving in two years and especially will not be leaving in late May so we have to go through another fiasco like we just did.

I know who they are but, guess what, I can't tell right now. But like I said they are top notch. As soon as I hear who the new coach is officially I will post it here The Official website of Marion County Football :)

Interviews are finishing up today. I believe this will make 6 people who have interviewed. Any one of the five would be a good head head coach so the administration has their hands full with making a decision. I believe three are very top notch. These are the three that will be passed on to Dr. Taylor to make the ultimate decision.

Any of the three will move to Jasper and make a home there. The program will be in good shape and I believe the one that is picked will give us the stability we need. They will not be leaving in two years and especially will not be leaving in late May so we have to go through another fiasco like we just did.

I know who they are but, guess what, I can't tell right now. But like I said they are top notch. As soon as I hear who the new coach is officially I will post it here The Official website of Marion County Football :thumb:

Thanks Bill...they do need stability. Good luck.

How long will it be before the decision is made???

The Director of Schools will get a list of three candidates tomorrow. After that, I think he might interview them or just take the recommendation of the MCHS principal. If he just takes the recommendation, I think Marion County will have a new head football coach by Friday morning. This is the most likely scenario I have heard around town.

The Director of Schools will get a list of three candidates tomorrow. After that, I think he might interview them or just take the recommendation of the MCHS principal. If he just takes the recommendation, I think Marion County will have a new head football coach by Friday morning. This is the most likely scenario I have heard around town.

Who is in charge of the conditioning program until the new coach comes on board?

No I promised that I wouldn't put it on here. I think everyone knows who the # 1 candidate is but the other two will surprise you some. ;)

Bill,

Schoolboard member said Monday Chris Jones was your new Coach.

Why keep everything a big mystery major colleges aren't shrouded in this

much I know but wont tell you so.

Pardon me while I climb on my soapbox for a minute... I have a question and it is not intended in any way to make someone mad or sound disgruntled. I understand the situation that we were left in and the need to rush and find a new head coach. My question is why was there not this must attention put into finding a new head girls basketball coach and a new boys head basketball coach? (Did yall even know we had new head coaches??)I know that you have to have a teaching position open and yada yada yada but it seems that when you holler football the wheels start spinning but with the roundball it's who ever is in the school and wants to take the job gets the job. And to add to that fact I was told this year that all the HS coaches had to be in house at all times so does that effect the volleyball team as well and what will that do to the softball program. If that is the case then I am afraid that we are shooting ourselves in the foot!!! Those of you that know who I am know who I thought should have been offered either one of the positions that were open, but he was never contacted about either position eventhough the approperiate people knew he was interested in either position (maybe i am disgruntled a little.) I don't know one of the coaches but the other should be a good job with the right support and help.

I realize that football generates the most gate money but who is to say that with the right people in the right positions other sports will be able to contribute quite well.

I will say that I am ready for MC football to get back to the way it was when I was first introduced to it...the nights where you HAD to get there an hour early to get your spot on the 50, fight your way to the concession stand and hope that you make it back to you seat before the 3rd quarter starts and you actually watch the game and not just socialize. (never thought that I would say those things about MC!!!!!)) ;)

Thanks for listening..I'll climb down from my box now.

Edited by KimP