Marion County High School

Bill#49

I am interested in what the boys want. Here are a few choices I can think of....

1. Chris Jones - Defensive coordinator of Montreal Alouettes

2. Jason Evans - Assistant coach at Grundy County

3. David Barger - Head coach at Lake County

4. Tim Taylor - Assistant coach at Sequatchie County

5. Any that I can't think of right now.

6. None of the above and let the assistants on staff do it with the understanding that a thorough search begin in January and February of 2007 for a new head coach.

Those are some good choices...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't understand. Why would Chris give up pro money for high school money? It's not that he wouldn't want to come back to the valley. I just can't see him taking the pay cut.

Chris, feel free to chime in about the money if you're lurking around. Wouldn't want you to comment on the job specifically in case you are interested. Just wondering on the pay cut and would it be worth it.

DL.

DL...

I don't know if Chris is interested in this job or not. I am certain that if he was offered and accepted this job it would be a HUGE paycut. Things that may be weighing against the money are (1) He is a local boy and "there's no place like home", and (2) His wife is from Jasper and wants desparately for their children to attend school here. Now... is that enough of a draw to get him to give up the big-time? I guess only time will tell....

Whoever gets the job will have a good group of kids and a great staff of assistant coaches. So... I'm not too concerned about the future of Warrior football... I'm just anxious to get the next chapter started.

Actually Bill, your option #6 doesn't sound like a bad deal to me..........

Good Luck Marion and whoever is in charge.......... :thumb:

bump

I am interested in what the boys want. Here are a few choices I can think of....

1. Chris Jones - Defensive coordinator of Montreal Alouettes

2. Jason Evans - Assistant coach at Grundy County

3. David Barger - Head coach at Lake County

4. Tim Taylor - Assistant coach at Sequatchie County

5. Any that I can't think of right now.

6. None of the above and let the assistants on staff do it with the understanding that a thorough search begin in January and February of 2007 for a new head coach.

Those all sound like wonderful ideas. If Chris is interested somebody should get in touch with his daddy in law. I'm sure Mrs. Jones would love to get back to the area. Somebody needs to give Jason a chance to show everything that he has learned in his various coaching positions. One day his love for the game will come back to haunt the schools that didn't hire him in the past. Barger would look awfully good in purple again plus the valley needs another good softball player for weekends. But Bill could definitely hold things together being the interim head coach until the spring if option 6 was selected. GO BILL!

Edited by Umpire2829

Those all sound like wonderful ideas. If Chris is interested somebody should get in touch with his daddy in law. I'm sure Mrs. Jones would love to get back to the area. Somebody needs to give Jason a chance to show everything that he has learned in his various coaching positions. One day his love for the game will come back to haunt the schools that didn't hire him in the past. Barger would look awfully good in purple again plus the valley needs another good softball player for weekends. But Bill could definitely hold things together being the interim head coach until the spring if option 6 was selected. GO BILL!

It's nice to know I have a few friends out there, even though I have no idea who they may be. :lol::D:D e-mail sometime itsmebr549mc.

Edited by Bill#49

It's nice to know I have a few friends out there, even though I have no idea who they may be. :P:D:D e-mail sometime itsmebr549mc.

What the full email address? I'll drop you a line so you can try to figure out some of the members of your fan club. I'll give a hint. I talked with you at the Marion County at Tellico game a few yrs ago.

What the full email address? I'll drop you a line so you can try to figure out some of the members of your fan club. I'll give a hint. I talked with you at the Marion County at Tellico game a few yrs ago.

itsmebr549mc@yahoo.com

Not yet but it's close to home!!! :thumb:

Any news this week?

Bear escapes, mauls neighbor

Bentsen is dead at 85

Gibson to anchor 'World News'

Fannie reaches $400 million settlement

DC sniper accomplice testifies

Aruba suspect released

Vets' data stolen May 3

Barbaro off to good start in recovery

Barton avoids 'lame farewell'